Someone at apple loves me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by papadopolis1024, May 28, 2007.

1. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

So I had to send in my iBook a week and a half ago and I got it back on saturday, covered by apple care. They told me at compUSA that I would most likely have to fork over some dough. The screen was almost completly off the bottom, except for the fact that it was still attached (it hung lose) and it would not stay up. So I sent it in praying that I would not have to pay (even a guy who works for apple not compUSA said I would have to pay like 300$) and saturday I got a call saying it was back and no charge was due!!!

2. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

yea, apple has no QC!!!! the need to do something for all the bad macs out there...........

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Umm, it was an iBook that had the screen falling off. I seriously doubt that this was a 'normal' warranty issue.

OP, how old is your machine?

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

There you are bashing again.

6. unixfool macrumors 6502a

Getting very old...

7. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

I'll bet that smile lasted until Monday evening. :) Applecare is da bomb.

8. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

sounds like he/she had several bad experiences with apple products. guess i'd be a little jaded too if that happened to me.

9. California macrumors 68040

California

Hey, it was probably just a bad hinge, that was very cool of Apple. When I have had Applecare issues, they have been VERY VERY VERY good to me, too. Once replaced a whole powerbook -- top case, keyboard, logic board, hard drive, etc., when I happened to be on the phone with them and nervously broke the ram clip off the logicboard trying to install ram for the first time.

And it was my last day of APplecare on that machine. That old PB is still chugging along, almost six years old, btw!

10. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

You should read his thread, it's called "suckbook."

11. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

sorry but i love the apple people more than life it's self! reason #1 the thread i started because i ran over my iPod with a car. other week my MB had a fight with a cup of coffee that i was drinking. messed up the cd gate, it was covered by applecare. 3 days fixed and didn't cost me a thing. love applecare!:D

12. unixfool macrumors 6502a

There are many recent threads with him/her griping. Yeah, I'd prolly be upset too, but I doubt I'd be hounding the forums in multiple threads about those issues...I'd most likely be on the phone with Apple, talking with a lawyer, talking with my credit card company or something a bit more productive.

Search on the name and you'll see what I'm talking about.