Someone Attempting Access to My Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by stressed, Jan 21, 2019.

1. stressed macrumors newbie

This has happened several times now and I'm not sure what's causing the following issue...While watching cable broadcast television while my Apple TV is off, all of a sudden my Apple TV will come on and the cable broadcast switches over to my Apple TV with the name of a person I don't know and 4 digit number on the screen. It appears this person is attempting to access my Apple TV. I'm wondering what may be causing this issue. I have a 5th generation Apple TV. How do I get this to stop? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

2. chabig macrumors 603

It’s ve
    its very simple. Someone is trying to Airplay to your AppleTV. That’s nothing to worry about. To restrict Airplay, change the access setting as instructed by Apple:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202618

3. stressed thread starter macrumors newbie

chabig...Thank you for the response. I've changed the setting to Anyone On The Same Network. Hopefully that will take care of the annoyance.

4. chabig macrumors 603

5. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yeah this used to happen to me a lot too haha. A lot of the neighbors around have the same name for their Apple TV so sometimes people will try to airplay to the wrong device.