Someone bring me back to reality.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by tjmcneely19, Sep 25, 2014.

1. tjmcneely19 macrumors newbie

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really considering moving to an HTC One M8 or something and trading back my iPhone 6. The phone is beautiful but I got burned bad by the 8.0.1 crap and I just feel Apple has fallen behind. I have had every iOS 8 beta as a registered developer with 3 apps under my watch. But this is for my personal phone.

I have been a die hard Apple guy, MBA, iPad Mini and pushed entire family into iPhones. I love Google Now, I love the voice capabilities and I really like the ability to have things just work. I was really excited for Notification Center and Spotlight to be my Google Now, but the widgets so far look like crap and spotlight only works part of the time at best.

So please remind me that iOS 8 isn't as boring as I see it, and that I will be miserable if I switch.

2. synner macrumors member

synner

Hi, I've just come back to iOS after 3 years on android (last phone was a nexus 4). I originally left simply through boredom.
    Google now is good (when it works) but like most things I found on android reliability is not something to take for granted. Google now frequently stopped showing important cards (the only one I really used was the commute card, this would work fine every day for weeks and then stop showing for no obvious reason and would not come back until it felt like it!).
    Voice capabilities are ok, very similar to Siri to be honest.
    The only real positive I took away from android was the "tinker factor", while it is nice, you soon settle on a look & setup and drift into boredom again.
    If the recent update issue is making you want to switch I would say that all things are not as roses as made out in android land, I've lost count of the number of factory resets I did on my Galaxy S2, S3 and Nexus 4.
    Saying that, the One M8 is a nice phone.
    Good luck in whatever you decide, personally I'm really really glad to be back on iOS :)