someone explain this to me

stimpe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
iphone 3gs 4.2.1 06.15 baseband

i had previously jailbroken my phone a few months ago. i think it was untethered because i could reboot it whenever without requiring it being connected to a computer.

i had to restore the phone, re-jail break with redsnow 9.8b1 and now i need to run as tethered everytime i reboot.

why does the new redsnow make me reboot now? how can i make it so i dont need to run this everytime i reboot?

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada

i had previously jailbroken my phone a few months ago. i think it was untethered because i could reboot it whenever without requiring it being connected to a computer.

i had to restore the phone, re-jail break with redsnow 9.8b1 and now i need to run as tethered everytime i reboot.

why does the new redsnow make me reboot now? how can i make it so i dont need to run this everytime i reboot?
I don't know because I haven't tried b1 yet, but go download 0.9.6 RC17 and you'll be able to jailbreak untethered.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay

Run the latest version of redsn0w and you'll be good.

stimpe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
That may be the latest release, but the latest stable release is RC18.
The "b1" indicates a beta and may be the source of your issues.
yeah that solved it, now running it untethered, thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.