Someone feed my paranoia and OCD...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bsbfan, Sep 19, 2013.

1. bsbfan macrumors member

I am super protective when it comes to my iphone 5. I have the otterbox defender case on it and my hands appeared to be dry. The screen protector is fine but the hard rubber outting case on my back had minimal condensation on it. I mean you could see it but it wasn't wet to the touch, I am fine right?

I would assume it would be the same amount of condensation the backing would take if you had your phone out on a summer day and naturally got a little sweat on the back

2. XpL0d3r macrumors newbie

3. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

No. If you're out in the heat and the phone has been with you, there won't be any condensation on the phone when you grab it with your sweaty hands. The liquid you would see on the case in this situation is your sweat from your sweaty hands.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Best way to tell is to see if there are any adverse effects. Polling us isn't going to get you a definitive answer. It sounds like it isn't an issue but condensation can certainly cause water damage. If you're paranoid then strip it down and inspect but you're more likely to cause problems dismantling your phone if you're not familiar with the process.

5. bsbfan thread starter macrumors member

it got the same amount of condensation today with just having my phone in my hand for like 10 min, I am just paranoid because if its happened 2 days in a row its bound to have happened before and no issues.