Someone has changed his 12" rMB for a new 13" mbp with touch bar?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joscejrod, Nov 15, 2016.

1. joscejrod macrumors 6502

joscejrod

hi guys! I'm waiting for a new 13" mbp with TB (not p4s yet in EU) but I really love my girlfriend's rMB with its gorgeous from factor and weight... so I'm hesitating. Any thoughts or personal experiences?

2. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

I haven't but am considering it. If i do do it, i will be replacing my wife's 2011 11" air, give her my 12" MacBook and take on the 13" pro ... ive been doing a lot of video work lately and so have been looking for a more capable laptop for this purpose ....

3. SBruv macrumors 6502

I'm about to, just as soon as my 13TB arrives.

Fairly confident it's the right decision...

4. specik macrumors 6502

specik

I have owned a rMB since the original one came out. Up until today, it was the best Mac I've ever owned. I bought it as a secondary machine to my primary rMBP (first generation) of which I did most of my heavy lifting on, including web development, which is my day job. However, performance just isn't there. You can feel the sluggishness when doing anything other than light tasks like browsing the web or mail.

That being said, the rMB is a fantastically portable machine. You can throw it in a bag and not even feel it's there. But I wouldn't recommend it as your daily driver. Great secondary machine, not a primary machine at all. Fast forward to today, I just received my 13" rMBPT. I love this machine. It's only a pound heavier than the rMB, but has many times the performance and features. This will be my new daily driver.