Someone is hacking our spreadsheet of rMBP delivery status

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by conandoyle, Jun 26, 2012.

1. conandoyle macrumors member

What the heck is going on there?
    Doesn't this guy have anything better to do rather than hacking a spreadsheet?

Attached Files:

• ??.JPG
      ??.JPG
      File size:
      258.2 KB
      Views:
  2. 628 macrumors regular

I am aware of this and am working hard to fix it. Thank you for letting us know, next time please post in the main thread.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What do you mean, someone hacked it? Where is the spreadsheet stored, that someone could have access to it?

4. conandoyle thread starter macrumors member

spreadsheet is here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tdGV4Y004cVlKdGNHb1hzTzNCck5HV0E&pli=1#gid=48

it's shared in google docs
    this guy first tried to change everyone's id names to XIAOLONG, then he ruined everything. I think we should have two spreadsheets. One is managed by certain people here but not open to everyone for editing, and another one is opened to public but just a draft.

5. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

If it's a public document this doesn't surprise me that someone decided to screw with the data...

6. ihakim macrumors member

Google Docs saves revisions. Revert to the previous one so you can recover your data.

7. XFactorer macrumors regular

...wow. I just got an eyeful. Can't believe people still use that antiquated word. Children.

8. blueicedj macrumors 6502

9. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Whoever created that spreadsheet should have required log in or a password or something... if you put something editable on the internet there's a large chance some loser will mess with it...

10. DrJohnZoidberg macrumors member

Not really "hacking" if it's publicly accessible and editable. "vandalism" is probably a more apt term.

11. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be surprised if this Xiao character was behind the recent malware attacks on Mac OS X.

12. photosaurus macrumors regular

The new spreadsheet system works ok.. had anyone considered locking down the input spreadsheet and just creating a form on google sites?

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

whats the point of this thread and why are your shipping delivery status posted online?

14. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

So people can compare estimated delivery/ship dates so they can get a better idea of when to expect their computers to actually ship.