Someone needs to make this.....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by itsjustmeee, Nov 19, 2011.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

Someone needs to make a simple clear see-through bumper for the iphone. I'm not sure if there's something like that out there, but if there is, it's been hiding from me. I keep running into the same problem with cases. I want one that's thin, doesn't cover up the beauty of the iphone, isn't slippery, and has a lip around the front so that it protects the iphone when it's laying face-down on a surface. Seems simple but I've yet to find anything like that.

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Funny you should post this, OP. I just got my Griffin Reveal Frame in today, and it's EXACTLY what you're looking for.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone/iphone-4s/reveal-frame-iphone4

If I were you, though, I'd head to eBay and pick one up there. I got mine for $7 (it's the real deal). The fit is nice, it works perfectly with a front and back screen protector, and it does have the lay-on-the-table design you mentioned. You almost can't tell it's on there, since it's clear on the sides and shows the band around the phone.

I definitely recommend it.

I should add, the one posted on Griffin's website above shows separate cut outs for the volume and mute switch. The one I got has one long opening there. I like it better, since it will fit any iPhone 4/4S models.

3. itsjustmeee, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tip. I believe this is what I'm looking for. And it comes in white .... perfect.

I may have spoken too soon. It looks like the Reveal comes in white. The Reveal "Frame" only comes in black from what I can tell.

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I couldn't get this case to work with screen protectors :confused:

walmart has the frame in white..check your local store (if you have one)

5. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

walmart has the frame in white..check your local store (if you have one)[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, the Reveal comes in white but it's not the same as the Reveal "Frame" which has a clear plastic middle with silicone on the outside. At this point it looks like Griffin only makes them in black (which I believe is what they sell at Walmart).

6. KentuckyHouse, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Hmm. Mine works just fine with both the front PS Anti-Glare screen protector and the generic crystal back protector I've got on the phone. No bubbling at all. Odd. :confused:

I believe you're correct, that the Frame only comes in black. The Reveal (that has the plastic back) comes in other colors, but the Reveal Frame may only be in black.

7. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

8. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

10. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interestingly enough before I found that on amazon, I wrote to Griffin. Here's what I said ....

"From the looks of it, the reveal frame only comes in black. Any chance of a white one coming out soon?"

And a "Support Technician" from Griffin just wrote me back and said....

"Hi,

Unfortunately we do not plan on releasing one anytime soon, but I definitely appreciate the feedback. Many product decisions are based on customer interest. But if you would like you can sign up for our email newsletter to keep up to date on products that we will be releasing:"

I just wrote him back and gave him the Amazon link. Either he doesn't know his own products or Amazon is selling something that doesn't exist.

We'll see.

11. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Haha...thanks for the update, man. That's hilarious. Keep us updated on how it works out for you.

12. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

He wrote back (with apparent spell-check issues)....

"Hello,

I do apologize for the mixup. We had one, for the the AT&T iPhone 4 but it was discontined. From the looks of the photo, it my fit the iPhone 4S, because of the opening for the volume and vibrate buttons. Also, the case you had ordered is coming from a secondary online retailer and not us directly, so it may not be compatible. I hope this helps and let me know if I can be of any further assistance."

With that in mind, I do believe this particular Griffin case sold on Amazon will fit either a 4 or 4s. And like you said, it's a pretty amazing deal. If it's not as described and doesn't fit, I'll let everyone know.

13. robotphood macrumors 6502a

I got a reveal off eBay a while back for $4 or so. Similar to the casemate hula or "old" reveal (shown on the griffin site with rubber buttons) but slimmer on the sides and cutouts instead of buttons (much better). The only thing I wish was that there was less of a lip like the hula. It is pretty raised (some ppl may prefer this) but I find it adds to how thick the phone feels in hand.

14. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

Okay I've read this thread and maybe you guys can help me find a similar case. I want it to be like the griffin reveal cept the back is frosted or has a back plate. It also has to have a good headphone jack (all headphones can fit), lay on the table design and no dust/lint collection!! If you guys can help me find a case like this I'll be forever grateful.

Ps I am using the case sgp ultra thin and it's a good case except for the fact that the top and bottom part of the phone is left naked. Dropped my phone and there's a small dent now :(