Someone please heal ASAP system restore gone wrong

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Lillahine, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Lillahine macrumors newbie

I got my MacBook Pro in the spring so it is fairly new. My husnband said something wrong and it was soo messed up nothing would happen with it it was locked up and even after restarting he said it was messed up. So he youtube how to restore it to factory settings without the disc. He said he did everything right but after it restarted it has been stuck in os utilities so he treys to reformat again and it asked for Apple ID/password and the little wheel turns and nothing happens. It is now locked up again. He said he tried restarting it and it asks what disc but there is no,options to choose from. All I know about my Mac is it is mavericks but not sure wich one and when I first got it there was an update that I did and that took several hours. Please please they'll me my computer isn't messed up I am a photographer and editing I need to do or we can't pay the bills. I need my computer back up and running ASAP luckily I back everything up.

2. dzejms macrumors member

dzejms

Start it up with CMD+r to run internet recovery. You'll need to sign in with AppleID and pass. You might need to try couple of times as it sometimes does not work.

Alternatively if you know someone else with a mac you might try to create bootable Maverick memor stick.

3. Lillahine thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I will try that. Sadly no I don't know anyone who even likes Mac. This is our first so everything is still new to us. I sure hope this works I can't afford to not have my computer for another day.

4. Lillahine thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry this may be a stupid question but how do you do that? I tried it the way I thought was what you are supposed to do and it keep restarting in the OS X utilities. Right now I'm feeling like this is hopeless

5. Lillahine thread starter macrumors newbie

6. dzejms macrumors member

dzejms

7. Lillahine thread starter macrumors newbie

Grr this is so frustrating is this a common problem.

8. dzejms, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014

dzejms macrumors member

dzejms

Someone please heal ASAP system restore gone wrong

Normaly whole process is quite smooth, somtimes apple servers don't respond the first time you type the apple id.

9. Lillahine thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you sooo much I was finally able to get working again. So glad you helped me.

10. dzejms macrumors member

dzejms