Someone please help me! 10.9 Beta

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by roger1704, Jul 7, 2013.

1. roger1704 macrumors newbie

I want to restore my Macbook Pro to Factory settings and i am not sure how because i am running a beta of 10.9 mavericks and i received it from a website can someone help me restore my computer?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

See this thread How do I downgrade to Mountain Lion?

In the future please use the search facility, there's a number of threads on this topic and if you search on downgrade you'll probably get the answer you're looking for.

Because Mavericks created a recovery partition you need to create a Mountain Lion usb disk, boot off that, repartition the drive (to remove the hidden recovery partition) and then reinstall Mountain Lion.

This will destroy all your data so make sure you have a backup.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...not to berate or make light of the OP, but there's an easy lesson to be learned here. Any developer with some common sense is going to install a beta OS on a separate partition or disc to do their testing. Those that d/l from unauthorized websites and install over their existing stuff are playing with fire and imho get just what they deserve - play with fire and get burned.

Use your heads folks. If you really must grab a beta when your not a dev (or even if you are) then at least do so with appropriate caution, and if you're not set up to do so the just wait for the release and save yourself some aggravation. I'm as tempted as many to try out the latest - and admittedly have done so in the past (though not in years)...caution and smarts, when it's your main system, don't do it!

...just my 2 pennies...oh yeah!