Someone please help me before I SCREAM! (how to resize an image)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JPP, Jan 4, 2008.

1. JPP macrumors member

I cannot believe how hard it is to resize an image with a mac - it is driving me up the wall. All I want to do is set the size of the image and the the memory size and I just can't do it. No threads on here address this issue. Have downloaded iresize and graphic convertor and whilst they allow you to set the size they don't allow you to set the memory size. All I want to do is reduce an image to 19kb - how hard can it be?!?!?!?! This is the first time I've wanted my microsoft windows laptop back.

Can anyone help me???

Please don't tell me to use iphoto or "send email" in iphoto as this does NOT allow you to set the memory size of the image...

Please HELP!!

2. JPP thread starter macrumors member

Where does Preview allow you to set the file size in terms of memory and width/height WITHOUT using automator????

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

4. JPP thread starter macrumors member

Hi

Ummm...perhaps I'm being really thick nut there isn't an adjust size option under tools for Preview...

Oh well.

J

5. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Do you have Tiger or Leopard? The Tiger version of Preview doesn't have the option to resize the image if I remember correctly. You could always download an image viewer app that would allow you to resize images. Or you could learn some AppleScript and make your own application for resizing images.

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Graphic Converter will allow you to specify a file size. When saving as a jpeg, you can choose this as one of the characteristics.