Someone please please help..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jessemartin, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jessemartin macrumors newbie

Hello! I realize there are loads of threads about Iphones and their passcodes but I yet to find one for the mess I've got myself into.

Basically, my boyfriend likes to change my passcode ALOT, so i changed it quickly today then went to change it again (for some reason) and realized I had completely forgotten it! Luckily i was quick enough to turn my auto passlock onto never, it just means now i cant lock my phone because i wont be able to get into it :( really annoying. So 2 questions really..

1: How many chances do i get to unlock it? (im on my 9th time and waiting an hour to try again)

2: Is there anything i can do to get out of this without going to the phoneshop?

Would appreciate any help and tips from anyone who has been silly enough to do the same thing I have! Thankyou x

2. wpotere Guest

Phone Shop won't help you. If you forgot it you are screwed and will have to restore the phone.

You can enter the code in as many times as you want. However, if you have the phone set to wipe the data on the 10th time you will wipe the phone clean.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If you can't remember then the best bet would be to back up your contacts, apps etc to your computer and then erase and reinstall iOS.

Perhaps you can restore from an old back up? One made befor the passcode issues?

4. jessemartin thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh really? okay so I take it by restoring it, when i go to make a new passcode i can start over and change it without remembering the old one? x

----------

I think this might be my best bet! I never change my passcode, its always the same thing. Cant' believe ive forgotton it after 2 seconds of making it! Stupid idiot.

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I would blame your Boyfriend.

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Yes just sync it to the computer and restore it. When done it will prompt you for a new passcode.