Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
i just jailbroke my ipod again and now i cant find the file media_sym
it seems to have been replaced by root.zip
can anyone help me

goldypoker

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
i just jailbroke my ipod again and now i cant find the file media_sym
it seems to have been replaced by root.zip
can anyone help me

Same thing happened to me...there is also a "touchfree" folder there too, right?

Don't panic....its just that the latest version of touchfree changes the directories a little...everything is still there.

The best thing to do (for instance, if you want to find your "Applications" folder again) is to go up through the directories until you reach the top (uppermost) one...you can do this by clicking on the 2 dots just below the blank folder on the extreme left side of your folder list in the initial directory level (the one that has the "root.zip" and the "touchfree" and "media" folders, this is the "directory level" where you start from after you SSH into your touch.......its NOT at the highest level yet
.........once you get to the uppermost directory level, just search downwards until you find the folder you need.....

Good luck!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
thanks for ur reply but i still cant seem to find media_sym
i need this cus i want to put roms into my nes

mattydub

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
thanks for ur reply but i still cant seem to find media_sym
i need this cus i want to put roms into my nes

don't worry... all is fine... same thing happened to me, it all depends on how you "broke" your ipod... You are looking for the "/" folder... When inside you SSH client, go all the way to the top directory. This is where you want to be, not media_sym .... Different strokes for different brokes... lol

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
ok so all is fine now......but
now wen i go bak to install everytihng bak on installer app, it takes longer than usual to download the packages is there something wrong??
also wen i try to connect into winscp, when i try to go into a directory it takes a while to go into one, sometimes it doesnt lag then sometimes it does...then it disconnects me
is there somthing wrong with my touch, this is like my 29th restore i dont want to make it my 30th
there is also a problem wen i try to install bsd system it always takes too long then exits..
plz help

mattydub

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
ok so all is fine now......but
now wen i go bak to install everytihng bak on installer app, it takes longer than usual to download the packages is there something wrong??
also wen i try to connect into winscp, when i try to go into a directory it takes a while to go into one, sometimes it doesnt lag then sometimes it does...then it disconnects me
is there somthing wrong with my touch, this is like my 29th restore i dont want to make it my 30th
there is also a problem wen i try to install bsd system it always takes too long then exits..
plz help

this was happening to me with the BSD subsystems... Just wait about half an hour and try again.... should work no problem....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.