Someone stepped on my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aditya_S, May 9, 2016.

1. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

At school, I keep my iPhone in my backpack. So today, I went to the cafeteria, and I set my backpack down where my phone inside was at the top. Someone walked by, and stepped really hard right on where my phone was. It was a 6s in an Otterbox Defender case. I haven't taken it out of the case yet, but I'm worried that there was bending or internal damage, or any damage causing unresponsiveness to the screen. Is it possible these things may happen?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Sure they may happen. Take it out and check. At the risk of sounding blunt, you're certainly not going to know until you look. The fact you had it in a defender case certainly reduces the likelihood of any severe damage. I'd be MUCH less worried about internal damage If there's nothing wrong externally

3. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

Ditto. I doubt anything is wrong internally if the exterior of the phone looks OK. Had you dropped the phone, then there is always the chance of interior damage (though unlikely. These iPhones are solid as a rock internally).

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

So instead of just opening and checking yourself, you went online to ask other people who have no access to your phone?

lol.

5. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I was thinking the same exact same thing lol.

That being said, your phone should be perfectly fine since it was in that ennourmous bulky case ,but hey at least your phone is good though ! And you obviously punched that person that stepped on your phone right ? Lol (kidding)

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You are writing this before taking your phone out to check for damage? :eek:

7. kkkace macrumors newbie

kkkace

You may have a try on the Iphone replacement phone screen. I haven't use it but i think it may be available by the situation you said

8. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Education level of some of these kids. God help us. OP, its called common sense 101. OP case, check out phone. Real simple

9. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

Here is your answer -

Schrödinger's cat

a cat imagined as being enclosed in a box with a radioactive source and a poison that will be released when the source (unpredictably) emits radiation, the cat being considered (according to quantum mechanics) to be simultaneously both dead and alive until the box is opened and the cat observed.

10. noobinator macrumors 601

I just checked, and it's damaged! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Kids man, kids. The first answer is to run to the internet instead of doing the obvious. Didn't even have the foresight to post pictures, just wanted to share the info with someone for validation.

12. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I'm even suspicious of whether this even happened. OP posted of another problem even earlier...

In any event, we can't tell you if the phone is damaged.
    /sheesh /

13. imanidiot Suspended

If you check the OP's other threads, he/she seems to suffer an endless parade of paranoia-inducing incidents, real or imagined. Remarkable.

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

What do we expect when you look at what our educational system has become. Afraid we have see the best times and the rest is going to be somewhat dark.

15. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I know I should have taken it out of the case first to check, but I have OCD, and I wanted other's opinions first because of it immediately. I took it out of the case after I posted this, and it seems fine on the exterior. Again, I'm sorry for not checking before I posted this.

16. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You need to take a big deep breath and just enjoy your iPhone. Apple has put a lot of technology into it so you have to worry less and just enjoy using it.

17. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Yes clearly attention seeking.

What does being OCD have to do with you coming to the web for advice that to any typical person would be obvious? As a matter of fact if you're so OCD the FIRST thing you would have done was look at it..... seems you just want attention.

18. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

Get a new phone if it's spoilt. Don't worry about nothing over a small object. It's just a phone. I'm sure there are other more important things to worry about.

19. Powermax macrumors regular

Schrodinger's iPhone: If you never check, it's not broken!

20. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

For me, it is just really hard
    Im not attention seeking, I'm just really paranoid about this. I did post this right after, and then immediately took it out of the case.

21. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Just asking you to try. Also hanging around these forums and reading others crazy comments will not help you a bit. Just need to decide to use your iPhone and not worry about it. I know it will not be easy but you got to try.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Everyone here at MacRumors seems to have OCD.

As others stated, its only a phone, if something's wrong with it after examining you can then determine a course of action.

23. DadBod630 macrumors regular

Maybe you should stop leaving your **** where people are gonna step on it.