Someone stole my gas can!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CMD is me, Jul 16, 2008.

1. CMD is me macrumors 6502

Right out of the garage when I was home. I often leave the garage door up when I'm home. I'm in a safe neighborhood. Well, went to fill up the mower and the cap was already off -- and my gas can lifted right out the garage! The world is becoming a Mad Max movie!

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Sorry to hear about your loss, but I guess people just don't want to pay those rising gas prices anymore.

3. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

About 3 months ago I was waiting in line at a truck stop when another customer asked to borrow a gas. The attendant said they only buy two cans a year for people to borrow and both had already been stolen.

They didn't even make it halfway through the year.

4. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

How much is gas in your area?

5. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

its amazing how far people go in desperate times. Now I hear some people are tapping suv gas tanks...while the cars in someones drivway!

6. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

That and cutting Catalytic Converters for the $40 - $50 of 'scrap' that is there while it will cost hundreds, often near $1000, to repair.

7. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

With the cost of gas, its not surprising. They even syphon out of tanks in parking lots these days. It's liquid gold. Remember to secure it next time.

8. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Sounds bad, but three weeks ago I came down to my SUV, a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and the gas cap and cover were off. Luckily they didn't get any gas out of it due to a filter or something that prevents a tube from sucking out gas, but still freaky none the less. Luckily they didn't pierce the gas tank.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If I saw that happen to my car, that would infuriate me more than if they broke into the car itself. I don't know why, but someone who would steal from my petrol tank like this are going to need to run and run and run, because I WILL catch up, and I WILL beat them until they're too "confused" to do it for the rest of their lives.

10. Xavier macrumors 68020

My co-workers gas line was cut the other day. Someone stole the gas right out of the tank! Unbelievable.

11. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Wow, that sucks! I'm really sorry things are coming down to that over there. :(