Someone stole my iPhone 4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Booju16, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Booju16 macrumors member

Now how do i get it back?

I have track (or find, idk) my iPhone installed on my phone but I never set it up. If that's no good, what are other alternatives for tracking my phone so I can get my iPhone back a.s.a.p, or enforce the law on the theif...

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You would have had to set up Find My iPhone and log into MobileMe with your account/password to track it. If you haven't done that then there's really little hope. The network provider could track it but they more than likely wouldn't do so at your personal request. The law enforcement in your area could request for them to do so. However.... If you have a sister/female friend they could call for you and request that it be tracked by saying their your spouse. They would, of course, have to be speaking to a female CSR for that to work. Just maybe have her say she has to catch the cheating *Censored*.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Same thing happened to me, you are out of luck. All you can do now is buy another phone and remember to setup find my phone.

4. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

dude, you live in Gotham! do i really need to tell you how to get your phone back?

5. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

This seriously made me LOL. :D

6. zenio macrumors 6502

I wish someone would steal mine.

I'm stuck with the bloody thing, until Apple releases the next model which in no way could be as poor and the iPhone 4.

Save your energy fanboys, telling me to just sell it or buy something else is BS.

I have too much invested in iTunes and all my other Apple gear to ditch my iPhone 4 no matter how bad it is.

Let's just hope that the next one is a good effort on Apple's part.

7. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Yo where do you live? We could plan some theft scene? :D

8. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Do you have MobileMe?
    I believe you can track its position that way.

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

10. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Way to read the OP *golf clap*

11. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Probably won't get the phone back unless

A) Law enforcement catches the criminal -- or--
    B) You're one hell of a detective

Your homeowners may cover theft of personal property (even away from the home). Assuming your deductible is lower than the cost of replacing the phone (plus accessories), file a claim and you'll get the money to get a new phone.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hate to say it OP but you are probably SOL on getting your iPhone back. It sucks, but that is life sometimes.

At what point to the aggravations of dealing with something you hate outweigh the cost of switching to something else? But I really don't think it is the cost that is keeping you from switching. You just want something to whine and complain about. :rolleyes:

13. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The only other option would be to active family map with AT&T and see if it shows up. However when you do this it will alert who ever has your phone that it's been activated, and if theyve already removed your sim card it wouldn't do you any good.

14. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

after reading this post. I put find my iphone on my iphone 4 and iphone 3gs.

thanks ..

15. milani macrumors 68000

milani

It's astounding how many people haven't set it up. It really should be included with the next OS version as a standard feature that is setup at the time of purchase.

16. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

:rolleyes: Now, that actually made me laugh out loud (or internet lingo LOL)

17. Booju16 thread starter macrumors member

Thank You!

18. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Yep. I just set up the "find my iPhone" as well. I agree it should be "on" by default.

19. Booju16 thread starter macrumors member

So i did a familyl map and it's saying that my phone is in someones house, what to do???

20. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

Find my iPhone is cute & everything... But useless except for remote wipe if you're concerned about your data. If someone found your phone & wants to return it, it would be easy to do so. Not really a good idea to try and track it down. No telling who has it, & why put yourself in jeopardy to retrieve it. I know you live in Gotham, but you're not batman, and getting your phone ba k isn't worth something awful happening.

21. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

You should probably call the cops and tell them the situation.

22. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Exactly, I would report it to the police and let them handle it. Give them all the information you have.

That's what I would do if someone stole my iPhone and I located it via Find My iPhone.

23. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Seriously, if it is that bad, I'm sure that poster could find an iphone 3G at least for under 200 dollars (if it was that bad I would think it would be worth it).

Though I have to say no frikkin way would you get me to go back to a 3G or even a 3GS from my 4 (unless I had to, like mine got stolen cause I can't afford another 4 particularly without subsidized pricing), it's way superior in my opinion.

But if his 4 is that horrid (and yet he claims to like iphones as he has invested all sorts of stuff), wouldn't a 3GS be better for him (no idea what they sell for used, I just know I got under 200 for my 3G when the 4 was brand new) if he hates the 4 that much?

24. utneon macrumors regular

unless you got stolen with a knife and life threaten. be more careful.

if not, well, it happens kill that scum... anyway don't be easy on iphones 4, they tend to disappear if you leave them out of eye's range=P

25. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Go to the house and ask gently for your iPhone back.

Don't go alone though, bring a buddy with ya.