Someone Stole My Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 082mat, Feb 2, 2009.

1. 082mat macrumors newbie

ok so im pretty PO'd someone stole my ipod touch out of my room a couple days ago! and yeah im dumb and i didnt download any of the tracking programs....but there still has to be a way to track it right?? i got a passcode on it so its wrothless to who stole it but still that 500$ just gone theres gotta be away to track it and get it back please help

2. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

not way to track and it isnt worthless to the guy all he has to do is restore. dont count on getting it back sorry :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

3. Master Debater macrumors member

4. 082mat thread starter macrumors newbie

theres no way that if i report it stolen some how that i cant just track i IP address of the next computer it hook up to?

5. alchemistmuffin macrumors 6502

did you get MobileMe?

Because even if your iPod touch is stolen, if you have MobileMe account that is set up with your iPod touch, all you have to do is to call Apple, and they will wipe all your data from your stolen iPod touch, and lock the device to a useless brick. (even jailbreak software won't work to unlock the device, it's a huge brick)

Also, I would file a police report, and provide the serial number for the touch.

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

That is all so wrong it's not even funny.

There is no way to wipe the touch with Mobile Me.