Someone to build my app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ruffian829, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

I am looking for someone to build (what seems to be, in my mind) a fairly simple app. I thought about doing it myself but when I looked into iphone app development, and didn't even understand the articles telling me what I needed to learn :rolleyes: I figured I was hopeless. I am not a computer person by any means! And I am personally not looking to have a lot of say or any monetary gains from someone building the app- I would just like to see the concept developed...

does anyone know where I can find people willing to make apps (where I wouldn't have to pay them to make it- they can have all the rights, etc) or does anyone on the form here make apps? Part of what I am looking for is mostly just a log app (similar to a logbook you'd use for anything: gym, games, training, etc) so it may be nothing more than a fancy spreadsheet type of design...?

2. cmaier macrumors G3

Just post your idea (probably in the iphone dev forum). Many of us are iphone developers who would be happy to create an app if it's a good idea.

3. isharan macrumors member

If the programmer has all rights to it and everything, then what do you want in return? Part of the profit from sales? :D

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

i have also considered getting into app developing, is it alot of raw coding? similar to that of C++? i have never heard of X-code before.

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Apple provide the SDK to save you most of the raw coding. Objective C is pretty different to C++, both branched from C in remarkably different directions!

From the basic stuff I've done with it, Xcode's a pretty good IDE. I'm used to Visual Studio and Eclipse at work and it definitely holds it own against them.

6. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

No! I simply want the app to exist! I just can't make it myself! I'd even purchase it when it came out if need-be!

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

from what you are making it sound like..the app would be pretty useless and you would want it customized just for your own use.

if you thought other people would want it and pay for it...im wondering why you wouldnt want to be financially associated with it.

8. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

funny you mention this, i just saw an ad that sounds perfect for you.

from the ad:
    But since you don't want the money feel free to send it my way for recommending this company (which i am in no connected to)

www.zco.com

9. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

damm. I got a couple of ideas. I'll be contacting you or your company soon :)

10. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

Well I wouldn't have the slightest clue on how to program and I don't own a company.

I just saw that ad in a magazine I was reading. But contact me if you want to try and build an app for you but it might take a while and be pretty shi**y. :p

11. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't understand why my ambitions have to be monitary?? And if they are not then my app is useless? That's a pretty large assumption that your
    aking there. The fact is I don't have the time or know how to put into developing an app, so I'm looking for someone who does. I have found an app that has a similar idea but does it poorly selling for $5, so no I don't think my app would be useless. What's wrong with not wanting money from it??

12. Striv macrumors newbie

don't forget to market it well

Receive 3 billboards for $60.00/ Day.

Full colored, (Two) Billboards 6 feet by 12 feet and (One) Billboard 6 feet by 6 feet.

Contact: Striv (strive) Richardson 786.228.8289 / GoBigAdz.com / striv@gobigadz.com

13. johnnyrich macrumors newbie

Ruff did you find and App Builder I need one too.

:)

I have an app idea and did most of the splash pages and video myself I just need it assembled and deployed from my developer acct. Any leads??
    john
    305-812-3364

14. Ti_Poussin macrumors regular

Ti_Poussin

Depending on your needs of the application, I may give a look, I was planning to build an iPhone app for the fun of it, that may be a good occasion for both. I'm a computer engineer, mostly coding in C, C++, C#, Python, Bash... May not be the best application in Obj-C ever seen, but I can learn a new language pretty fast. As far as the SDK seem to be, I don't think it's going to be that hard for a learning curve.

Drop me a message and we can look into this.

15. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Was it MacLife by any chance? I see those ads in every issue.

16. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Just post the idea, since you are not looking to gain from it, except to have access to this application.