Someone wants to be Apple...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Orange Furball, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

[​IMG]

I was in an different department when I thought I saw an Mac Mini... well after a second look I knew what I was seeing. A terrible clone, down to the trackpad and everything! Why doesn't Apple go after these guys!? They did do a pretty good job though, its one of the best looking small form factor PCs I've seen, but the resemblance is uncanny. Just figured I'd share :eek:

And I have no idea how that pink mouse slipped into frame. But it was not supposed to be there :p

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    If you did a doubletake thinking that's a Mac Mini, a Mac style keyboard, and a Mac screen, you need glasses. Other than being rather minimalist, the Vizio stuff looks nothing like any Apple products.

3. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

I do need some new glasses sometime.

But it does resemble a TB display, and where else would you see a trackpad on a desktop?

I was in Sam's Club and saw a Vizio ultrabook. Now THAT was nice. Aluminum, thin, light, and 15". Too bad it can't run OS X.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Eh. It looks almost identical to the Dell monitor currently sitting on my desk, which I bought almost 4 years ago now. In other words, it looks about like a standard LCD monitor. There's nothing particularly Apple about it.

The trackpad I'll give you.

...well, it probably can, just not, you know, officially. :p

I do remember hearing the Vizio ultrabooks were pretty decent, but had a few issues that kept it from being as good as the MBA or Zenbook Prime.

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Aside from the remote, I must say I prefer the Vizio design to the iMac. I haven't heard how they perform though, but based on their ultrabooks are doing, I'd probably avoid this just I would an iMac.

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Plus I hate those little keyboards. I'll take an oldschool clicky bastard over one of them any day of the week.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Huh? You thought that was a Mac clone? Even Hellen Keller would know that looks nothing like a Mac Mini.

8. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

The monitor looks nothing like an :apple: -monitor ... well atleast as far as the :apple: -monitor doesn't look like any other monitor :eek:

Bout the trackpad, are you suggesting that Apple somehow has awarded itself a patent for "trackpad not in laptop" ?

/me runs and hides under his bridge

9. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Now thats not even fair!

No I'm saying apple makes a Magic Trackpad which I haven't seen on a desktop before.

But they probably patented it :mad:

10. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

It's really nothing at all like a Mac Mini. The computer is located in the flat base of the monitor. The small box like thing to the right is a sub woofer.

The computer also has two hdmi inputs so you can use the monitor as a display for your gaming console or cable box.

I can see why people say that the vizio computers are "apple inspired" since have a clean, elegant look to them, but they are really nothing at all alike.

http://www.vizio.com/computing/

----------

Here's a track pad for desktops from Logitech. Apple didn't invent the trackpad, they were just the first ones to call it "magic."

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/8417

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Actually FingerWorks did a lot of the work for them and they bought them out. I remember FingerWork's keyboard where you could pinch to zoom etc other gestures (this predates the iPhone by quite a few years)

[​IMG]

12. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Wow! I thought apple was the first to market with a desktop track pad, glad to be wrong!

13. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

Wow. Is it me or does that keyboard look cheap and UGLY?

14. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

It looks worse in person...

15. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

[​IMG]

FTFY.

16. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Vizio is doing a great job IMO, and it looks nothing like Apple products. I really hope their computer line really does work out for them.

HP on the other hand looks like obviously ripoff of Apple products.

Also the new Dell XPS 13, has the ports in the EXACT SAME SPOTS AS MY MACBOOK AIR.

17. daveuk8202 macrumors newbie

with a bit of luck the hp with beats audio isnt as broken and dodgy as the beats headphones although that is a blatant MBP rip-off

18. 725032 Guest

That looks nothing like anac mini

OP whats the real goal here?

19. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

20. borisiii macrumors 6502

I won't say it's just you, but it's certainly not me.

I like how HP seems to have stopped being - ahem - envious of MacBooks, and is now instead copying Lenovo's industrial aesthetic with that all in one. The claim on their page of it being the only 27"er you can open and upgrade without tools may be true, but Lenovo's (smaller) all in ones have been doing that for years.

21. smoledman macrumors 68000

Probably is the Vizio specs are awful. You can't max out to anywhere near what you can on iMacs. Also nothing beyond 1920x1080 displays.

22. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

23. Melab macrumors regular

Sorry, buddy, but the aluminum is really the only cue they took. Apple does not have a monopoly on all-in-one PCs. It is not shameless to move into that market to compete.