Someone who likes iOS 7...what?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Braaap, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Braaap macrumors newbie

Ok I had to make a account just because of all the hate on iOS 7. I'm I the only one that absolutely loves iOS 7!?! The new OS just feels fresh and new. I just like all the new little things that make it feel like it's not the same old boring iOS that we've seen since the iPhone came out.

Also don't hate on it until you try it. Once you actually get it on your device and play with it the "toy look" doesn't look as much like a kindergartens art project

One last thing to the people that hate it. Are you guys older? I feel like maybe because I'm young that's why I like it so much.... :0

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Older guy here, I don't have it on my phone yet, but like what I see.

3. zmagik macrumors regular

Your not the only one I love it too can't wait to get it

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I'm really enjoying using iOS 7. Not everyone is gonna be happy with the changes. Ohwell let them complain.

5. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

I really like ios 7 on how it looks. If you kind of think about it is like android jelly bean for the iPhone

6. Ballis macrumors 6502a

I like it to. Only thing I havent understood yet is why they introduced a Facetime app.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Being on both sides of the fence (I have a Galaxy Note 2 and iPad) it's quite amusing to see the responses from both parties. All the Droid fanatics are saying the Apple copied ICS/JellyBean while all the Apple fanatics either love the new design and/or cannot see the correlation between the changes in iOS 7 and what's been in Droid for some time.

First and foremost, I am eagerly looking forward to iOS 7 as I've been sick to death with it for the past 3-4 versions. This new look is definitely nice and has a host of new features that is great as well.

A lot of features are very similar to what's been in Android for some time like the live wallpapers, drop down toggle menus and such but, personally, I think a lot of this stuff has been coming from ideas generated by tweaks in Cydia. If it weren't for Cydia, who knows if most of these tweaks would've made it into iOS. I mean, 7 versions of iOS to allow us to add more icons into a folder? Come on. I mean it took 3 versions of iOS just to bring in copy/paste as "feature".

All in all, the fanboys can argue about who copied who or whatever. I'm just glad that iOS got the overhaul it desperately needed.

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I have it on my 4S (white) and i really like it. It will take some people time to get used to it but people cried for change and here it is.

Its still iPhone.

It still works well.

Its what it is.

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I can't wait to actually use Io7. That is where it will really stand out.

It is like when people take screenshots of an mmorpg talking about how awesome they are. They fail to capture the real essence.

Given the six year long cries of people saying they are bored with iOS and how it looks I can assure you that many of those people are the same ones complaining

I like what I see and read so far but I will actually have to use it to make an actual judgment call on improvements or deficits.

10. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I've been using since last night and I'm absolutely in love with it.

Nearly everyone complaining hasn't even USED it yet.

11. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

I think it's wonderful. Been playing with it on my 4S all morning. I am most looking forward to using it on my 3rd gen iPad

12. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

Probably to make the feature more present in the OS and also to make it easier to make FaceTime calls directly, without having to go to the contact and clicking FaceTime (or calling the contact and then clicking FaceTime).

On a side-note, I'm sure there are a lot of people like the OP and I who are happy with iOS 7, however, since we don't need to complain we don't express ourselves as much as those who hate it, if this makes any sense...

Pietro

13. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

You're not the only one who likes it. It's just that those who are dissatisfied with iOS 7 are more likely to post/vent about it.

I haven't tried it yet but from what I can tell so far is it looks like it is going to be a nice OS.

14. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

It's like when we get new hardware. The people that dislike it or have problems are the ones most likely to be vocal and post about it here. My sense is the average consumer will like iOS 7 and the tech geeks and design snobs will hate it.

15. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

Nothing will disappoint you, even if you don't like a few of the looks, they haven.t compromised on features, and you won't lose anything, but will gain stuff, it's just wonderful

16. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

People demand change then hate when it comes.

A lot of people are happy, just ride it out. The next few months will be about ironing the bugs out.

I'm at least 90% impressed, just those dodgy app icons need help!

17. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I like it! Really, the people that hate it probably didn't watch the presentation for iOS7 and are basing their opinions off of the photos posted on MR.

18. diogolg macrumors member

I really like iOS 7. What I don't like are (some) icons

19. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Call me a dork, but I love it, and I like the icons. It's a little girly with some of the pink accents, but I'm a girl so that doesn't bother me. The white has been interesting to get used to so far but I don't dislike it.

20. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Love it very much.

And to the people who say its too colourful and kiddy, you are wrong. Changing the wallpaper to one of say, scenery, dramatically changes the look of the OS. Try it.

21. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I think I will be in the 'like it a lot' group. From the demos and screens I've seen, it looks darn good to me. nice and clean.

I am very eager for it's release

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

iOS 7 is not yet finalized. I won't know whether I like it or not until I see it.

23. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I tried changing the wallpaper to a dark apple logo one i found on google and it still looks off to me. The background just doesnt blend with the very bright icons. My opinion is if you have the white phone, and it looks like it does on the apple site. You will say it looks great! I dig it! If you have the black phone. It just looks off. No matter how much you tinker with it. Since you cannot change the icon set. It looks off somehow.