Someone's e-mail address always pops up when I restore my iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Feyl, May 14, 2014.

1. Feyl macrumors member

Feyl

Hi guys,

Every time I restore my iPhone, someone's e-mail address pops up when I want to log in to my Apple ID. This is weird, because the phone hasn't been ever logged in to any other account, just mine. And what's even stranger, my dad's Apple ID pops up there as well. How can that be possible? It's happening since I upgraded to iOS 6 I think.

So, do you guys have similar experience?

Attached Files:

2. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

Could be that some of your media (App, Music, Movie) may have been purchase with that Apple ID and transferred to your phone via iTunes. It wants you to enter those credentials to authorize the device to use that file.

3. HCO macrumors regular

HCO

That is exactly what that is. according to an apple store rep.

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Yep, I have some music from friends, from the iTunes home share days, and it wants me to login to their iTunes accounts. Unfortunately I don't know the passwords.

5. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Either that, or it's pirated material. If that's the case, you need sync with your computer to get it on your phone.

6. Feyl thread starter macrumors member

Feyl

Yeah that could be possible. I´ve got one Guns N Roses album in my iTunes library, which was purchased by my dad. But still. I wonder what´s up with the other credential. I´ve got everything downloaded from iTunes or ripped from my CD´s.