Something about the white iPhone 4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miniConvert, May 18, 2011.

1. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I. Can't. Put. It. Down.

I rather liked the look of the white iPhone 4, and my white iPad is going down great guns with me, but as a black iPhone 4 user I had absolutely no intention of changing to the white version.

Then my black iPhone 4 was stolen, and getting the white one as a replacement seemed like a bit of a no-brainer.

But I can't put my finger on why my usage has gone through-the-roof. It's like this thing has a personality all of its own. The blue bumper I picked up looks terrific on it and the whole package is somehow just more 'fun'.

I know nothing has changed on the inside, so this must be a purely aesthetic thing. But damn, what a difference. This phone just feels so much more me!

Anyone else finding they're liking using the white iPhone 4 dramatically more than the black one, in a way that's hard to put down to the colour change alone?

2. nivekr11 macrumors regular

I have a black iPhone. I just purchased a white for my wife. I find myself wanting to use her's more.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The white iPhone works so much better than the black one. Faster, snappier, longer battery life, etc.

Wait? What?

4. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

IMO I think it's just the vanity of the new phone, in a few weeks your use will probably die down back to "normal".

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The vanity of me using my black iPhone all the time and not wanting to put it down hasn't diminished yet, and its been almost a year (almost 4 years if you count not wanting to put down any of my previous iPhones, but I might have different issues).

6. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

i was stoked about the white iphone 4 and waited the whole 10 months too get it and got it on release day i love the thing, but doesnt the black back glass feel more like glass then the white one does?

7. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

8. Born Again macrumors regular

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I was a party a few weeks ago and their was this guy there who had just purchased a White iPhone 4 and he was kind of showing it off (people kept asking to see it), I over heard him tell a few people that he waited this whole time to get it and resisted the black one, but I thought it was stupid how he stuck it in a black case, totally defeated the purpose of wanting a white iPhone 4.

When I held the white iPhone 4 I had the same question.

10. miniConvert thread starter macrumors 68040

miniConvert

See this is both right and wrong I feel... at the end of the day, it's exactly the same as my black iPhone 4 was - as in I restored the backup, and nothing else has changed but the colour and the fact that I have a bumper on now (not a fan of bumpers on black iPhone's, they look nicer with the steel rim exposed).

I guess colour options on something as personal as a mobile phone are more important than I thought. Throws me back to the days of Nokia Xpress-On Covers!