Something cool the iPhone can do that you might not know about!

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
Central Coast, California
Did you guys know you can dock and sync your iPhone, while on a call, without any interruption or the other party even knowing about it?

Pretty darn cool!

It's the little things with Apple products that make 'em so great!

I love my iPhone! :)

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Savannah, GA
Did you guys know you can dock and sync your iPhone, while on a call, without any interruption or the other party even knowing about it?

Pretty darn cool!

But so hard to keep my ear to the phone while it is docked :p

J/K

Great tip!

Been wondering if I could do this while in a call!

bmustaf

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
This is true, but I have had a different issue with the iPhone and sync: I do NOT like how the iPhone GUI monopolizes the interface during sync when you're NOT on a call (the OP's sutiation only works, it seems, when you're already on a call or receive one during sync).

"Synchronization in progress" and you can only cancel, not use the phone. I understand the need to lock data for consistency's sake, but to lock the whole device?!

I love my iPhone, but I'm not sure this is anything to necessarily write home about, my BlackJack not only OTA sync'ed while I was on a call (OTA since it was 3G) but I could also have it USB'ed into my PC (or my Mac) and be accessing all it's functionality during sync and/or USB operations.

Now, would I WANT to use the BlackJack? Before the iPhone, yeah, it was cool, but now, not so much :).

Pretty darn cool!

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

I know there is something cool that the iPhone does, but I can't tell you because I don't know about it yet :)

macrobat

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
Here is something else I just found out when you are in your email folder instead of hitting edit to delete emails or having to open then trash if you do a quick swipe to the left a delete icon will appear on the email

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

I found a cool feature today. When viewing a video, you can double tap the screen to make it fill the screen. Basically, it will zoom in the picture so the letter box is no longer in view.