Something different.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by D7duarte, Aug 7, 2012.

1. D7duarte, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012

D7duarte macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    This may be a welcome departure from the many photoshop renders. Still waiting for the redesign with the rest of you..

If anyone would like to reuse this picture, please include my name (Miguel Duarte). Thank you. :)

2. simsaladimbamba

Try these instructions to upload an image to your post, as the image host you chose does not seem to allow hotlinking.

Btw, your image is quite small and does seem to be only partially rendered. What 3D software did you use? Bryce?

3. D7duarte thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm away from my computer and uploaded with my iPhone. :(
    Of course it looks the right size to me, haha. I'll upload a better copy when I get back home.

The photo isn't a finished rendering. I was playing with the render settings in Keyshot and I may have gone a little overboard with size/quality; going on 2 days rendering now.. This was modeled in Solidworks.

4. simsaladimbamba

Rendering one image for two days? What exact Mac do you have and what render settings did you choose? Even my 2007 and 2009 MBP don't take that long for a 4000 x 3000 pixel image using high polygon count models and multiple textures and multiple lights. There should be something wrong with the settings I suppose, it should take less than an hour to render such a small image on any modern Mac.

5. D7duarte thread starter macrumors newbie

The picture I posted was just a cropped screen capture; the rendered image is something around 16" x 12" at 200 ppi.

6. simsaladimbamba

Any need for it to be THIS big? Should something like 2000 x 1500 pixel not suffice?

7. D7duarte thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm an Industrial Design student- if I decide to use this in my portfolio, it's always easier to scale down and retain detail when making layouts; than needing to size-up a small image and have blurry details. This render is taking abnormally long though.