something fishy at the app store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by roosta, Jul 23, 2012.

1. roosta, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012

roosta macrumors regular

roosta

i'm pretty sure when the app store first opened, problems similar to this one were around, but i had thought they had been solved. this time though there's a twist.

anyhow, i opened the app store and found some apps had upgrades. so i took a look and found two apps needed upgrades. i upgraded one and saw an app i don't recall buying. i clicked on it anyway and got this

[​IMG]

that is not my email address and i am the only user of this mac.

i went to apple support and reported this. they replied with a case number and that they were going to loo into it.

today i get an email from apple support telling me to call applecare and report this to them, and that a fee may be assessed.

all i want to do is alert them to a bug in the app store and they want to charge me for it.

has anyone else seen this behaviour in the app store? were they able to fix it?

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

You shouldn't have to pay a penny and don't.

Call applecare and talk it over on the phone, shouldn't have to pay anything.

3. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

You should definitely not be assessed a fee.

I have to say though, that's a heckuva long email!

4. netslacker macrumors 6502

So, rather than wasting time on the phone w/ AppleCare why not just delete the app and move on? If you're really interested in reporting it, do so online: www.apple.com/feedback .

5. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

Looks to me like you pirated an app from the appstore. That would show the exact same behavior as this.