Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coasterider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Washington, DC
I have had my iPhone 4 since day one, and this happened maybe a week after I got it but I am maybe 50% sure about that timing. There is something under the glass. The phone has never been dropped, thrown, been mixed with anything...etc. I attached a picture with the thing circled. Note it does not obstruct the pictures in anyway, and it has not moved.

The piece on bottom right side of the camera is just a little thread thing, I took 2 pictures and it did not show up in the other, so it is not under the glass.

Attachments

• iP4 Camera Detail.jpg
    iP4 Camera Detail.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 260

ddoolin

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You can't even really see the circle, let alone whatever you circled. IS THERE A PROBLEM WHEN YOU TAKE PICTURES?

IF NOT, CHILL. :)

afireintonto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Portland
Looks like a fiber of something. If it's not messing with your photos at all I'd just ignore it. But if you're ocd about that kind of thing, see if a genius will replace it for you.

coasterider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Washington, DC
looks like you got something all over the back of your phone...

Fingerprints..

You can't even really see the circle, let alone whatever you circled. IS THERE A PROBLEM WHEN YOU TAKE PICTURES?

IF NOT, CHILL. :)

View the full size picture..

Looks like a fiber of something. If it's not messing with your photos at all I'd just ignore it. But if you're ocd about that kind of thing, see if a genius will replace it for you.

It is somewhat bothering me but we will see.

tomashi

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
oh it's bothering you? good thing you posted about it here on the forum. bring it by and i'll take care of it for you.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I had a piece of lint underneath my camera glass. Took it to apple and they swapped my phone right away. They just noted it as foreign object under camera lens glass. No biggie.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
That's great to know, I may end up doing that if it is that easy. Thanks!

I scheduled my appt in the morning when it's not crowded and all the "geniuses" are just hanging out. Seems they're more easy going in the morning before dealing with 30 people that day before you..

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
See the two screws by the dock connector? Remove them. Slide the back of the phone up and out. It will pop right off. Clean the minuscule piece of lint off the camera lens cover. Replace back. Replace screws.

The whole process should take less than two minutes, even if you really take your time.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Because there is not supposed to be anything under there. It brings up questions like: How did it get there? Can this happen again? Is there a bigger problem?

To answer your questions, it most likely got there during productio....can it happen again, of course, its not a perfect object, and no its not the start of something bigger....see how easy that was, and still I say, if the photos are perfect quality, does it matter? Good luck, but seriously its barely noticeable, and seriously had you not circles it, no one would be able to see it... best of luck to you though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.