Something Got Stuck In MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jetacle, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Jetacle macrumors newbie

Hey guys I have a relatively new MacBook Air, and recently it has been making a feint "clicking" noise depending on how the laptop is positioned. The noise sounds exactly like the noise you'd get if stuck a playing card into the spokes of spinning bicycle wheel. If I shift the laptop, the noise goes away. If I tap the bottom of the laptop a few times, the noise also goes away. However, no matter what I do the NOISE COMES BACK. It's not affecting functionality of the computer, but its seriously annoying the crap out of me. Anyone have tips on how I can get the thing stuck in the computer out? (if that is the root of the problem) Anyone got a similar problem? Thanks in advance!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Only thing it could be would be something came loose and is getting in the way of the fan.

3. motrek macrumors 68020

If you have the appropriate pentalobe screwdriver (available for a few dollars on Amazon) you can take the bottom panel off and take a look at the fan and see if anything is obviously going wrong with it.

4. Y So Jelly macrumors regular

I had a clicking noise right where the CPU was. Turned out to be a bad fan bearing.