Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bottomsup

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Hi

Not sure what I did but now when I delete a file it prompts me for my password and the file doesn't go into my trash folder.

Any ideas?

Thx

Bottomsup

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2011
It was in my movies folder but I created a folder on the desktop, tried to delete it, and the same think happened.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Thats usually the cause of wonky file/folder permissions. In case your wondering wonky is a very technical word.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I migrated this account from another machine.

That bit of information would have been helpful in your initial post. It is always best to include all of the information you can when asking for help since we have no idea what you have or have not done. If your not sure how much to include then go by more is better. It is more of a guessing game for us when next to no helpful information is provided in the original post. I'm not trying to sound like an ass but am just letting you know how to get the best help for your problems.

Bottomsup

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2011
That bit of information would have been helpful in your initial post. It is always best to include all of the information you can when asking for help since we have no idea what you have or have not done. If your not sure how much to include then go by more is better. It is more of a guessing game for us when next to no helpful information is provided in the original post. I'm not trying to sound like an ass but am just letting you know how to get the best help for your problems.

no worries. i understand. I swore I had deleted files before, but I'm switching back and forth between my new air and old one and must have gotten confused.

appreciate the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.