Something happened to my Javascript???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Liebo11, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Liebo11 macrumors member

Hey guys . . . i've been trying to get on youtube for days on both firefox and safari and it seems as though my javascript is turned off or something. When I go to check the settings in my browsers it says its on but youtubes site won't even load for me not just the videos but the whole site. And then when I go to other sites with videos that would pop up they don't show up??? So i don't know what the problem is but if someone can help me i'd really appreciate that . . . thanks

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Have you checked that your Flash plugin is active? Tools > Add-ons > Plugins > Shockwave Flash item.

Also try opening Firefox in safe-mode to see if that makes a difference.

3. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

yeh well i'm using safari now but either way that didn't work either . . . the whole entire youtube webpage will not load for me its the strangest thing . . . then when i use the website sneakme.net which is like a proxy site it lets me go to it? i'm at home with my own cable modem and router so i know i'm not blocked from the site . . . anyone know whats up?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The option for JavaScript is in Safari's Security preferences. There are checkmarks there for Enable Plug-ins, Enable Java, Enable JavaScript, and Block pop-up Windows.

5. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

yeh i know where it is . . . i did all of that stuff already

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Oh, I didn't see that...

What version of the OS and the browsers do you have installed?

7. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

i have the latest version of tiger and latest version of safari . . . i really am confused that i can get to youtube through that proxy site? it almost makes me feel like my internet blocks youtube but its not the case cause it works on other computers so i'm so frustrated

8. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You can try doing a DNS cache flush, or reboot your home router (unplug wait a minute, plug back in).

9. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

yeh i rebooted and did that all but it still didn't help . . . i really wonder whats wrong its so weird cause its only with youtube.com that the webpage won't load . . . and other sites videos sometimes don't but its not only the videos with youtube its literally the site

10. scan macrumors 6502

It should have anything to do with js or your flash plugin. It's gotta be the your ISP by the sounds of this.

11. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

yeh i think it is my ISP cause i just noticed youtube doesn't work on any of my computers? its so weird why would 1 site not load?