Something i found thats nice for colleges in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tilmonabbott, Sep 2, 2009.

1. tilmonabbott macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

I think i remember hearing how they were going to make things easier for college students with the 3.0 update, but i had forgot what until the other day. I go to Worcester State College and to my surprise the other day while on campus with wifi on, rather than having to go onto safari to gain access to the wifi a screen popped up. A screenshot is added to show how the screen shows up, although it wasnt loaded when i took it. All it simply does is ask you for user id and password, and problem solved. I'm not sure how long it stayed authenticated for but i was happy to see the ease of use. I was going to look through the 3.0 features thread but its way too long and there's way too many overlapping things. In case you're wondering, we use blue socket here in order to log into the internet.

Attached Files:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, you only need to authenticate one time and your login and password are saved thereby bypassing any future login procedures. Only works with certain websites. Excluded are my banking websites.....:eek:

3. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Nice to see someone from my area.

Actually my college HCC just let's you connect for free and no login.

But when I went to Marthas Vineyard last weekend I used that feature on the steamship to get wifi. Accept there was no login. I just had to accept terms and conditions. Preety cool feature though.

4. tilmonabbott thread starter macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

Do you live in the Worcester area too?

5. tilmonabbott thread starter macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

Yeah it's nice. Although when the phone sleeps for a little while it tends to have me log in again. Still a very nice feature. It makes everything so much easier.

6. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Exactly the same thing happens to me, every time the phone goes to sleep, the wifi is cut off...and the username/password details aren't saved so I can't auto-fill them.

7. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Yup, had the same thing. BUT it didn't work the first few times. I don't particularly like it.

8. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

It's neat, but in the few instances I've used it, it takes forever to bring the login page

9. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

Hey I go to AMC, drive by woo state everytime I go up to school.

10. tilmonabbott thread starter macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

cool to know people around the area, hows amc?

11. Foamer macrumors regular

Our municipal wifi in Grand Haven requires you to log in every time. This screen pops up and loads the AzulStar login website, but its still a pain having to log in every time you access wifi around the city.