Something I just figured out about Reminders app

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Nolander07, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Maybe everyone knows about this, but I just stumbled upon it. I have used reminders consistently since iOS. 5 My biggest complaint about Reminders in iOS 6 was that you couldn't swipe from side to side to change lists (but you can swipe to delete items, which I like). Well, you can swipe to change between lists. Just swipe at the top where the name of the list is and viola. I thought I would share since I think it is not common knowledge.

2. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Thanks so much!!! I didn't know that either... I missed this from iOS 5. It feels a ton smoother too compared to iOS 5. Thanks for the tip!

3. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I never understood the "Completed" list. Is it supposed to make you feel better about doing a reminder? Just delete it when its done.

4. BRyken macrumors 6502

5. Nolander07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually like the completed list for some things. For instance, if I have recurring items that I don't necessarily want on a schedule, it is easier to just uncheck them from the completed list rather than retype them.

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Sorry, but i dont get it or cant get it to work! Lol

7. Nolander07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

At the top where the list name is in red (reminders, to do, etc.) swipe your finger left or right to switch lists. It only works if you swipe the list name which is in red.

8. L-Tuned macrumors regular

It's not suppose to be something new for iPhone (swipe to delete or swipe to do whatever..) but I NEVER try this myself in Reminders lol.. Thanks for the light bulb!! :D

Btw, do you guys find it annoying when a reminder still stay in the notification when you have checked it already? :mad:

9. alec6542 macrumors regular

Yes, I find that very annoying too. Or how about how you have to manually clear them from the NC before a corresponding badge appears on the app icon? See here

10. L-Tuned macrumors regular

Honestly, I never cared about the badge for the Reminder app because I am rely on the time alert or location alert. But now you've mentioned it so I'll pay more attention to it, but I don't think I've seen a # of badge all time (yes, it's ON under notification).