Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
The iPhone 4S is probably the last product Steve ever worked on. it's very sad as it's almost like he stayed alive during that keynote so he could see it get released; I can only imagine how the executives were feeling that day. :(

I'm getting the 4S and this is a bit silly but it will have that sentimental value to me. Amazing product by an inspirational man.

RIP Steve Jobs, my hero :apple:

1zach4

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
It's already been revealed that Steve left Apple with plans for devices for at least 4 years out....I would think Steve at least had his hand in the next iphone and probably the ideas of many more to come.

To think this is the last product Steve had any hand in would be foolish imo

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
The iPhone 4S is probably the last product Steve ever worked on. it's very sad as it's almost like he stayed alive during that keynote so he could see it get released; I can only imagine how the executives were feeling that day. :(

I'm getting the 4S and this is a bit silly but it will have that sentimental value to me. Amazing product by an inspirational man.

RIP Steve Jobs, my hero :apple:

I would wager that apple plans their products out a good deal in advance. So it is quite likely that Steve had a hand in the next iPhone, if not the one after that.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I see where you're coming from, but I doubt that's the last product he worked on or how he spent his last hours. Your guess is as good as mine, but I really doubt it went down like that.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Steve jobs will have been involved in products we may not see for another few years yet.

He didn't become a legend for his hardware and software, that stuff was done by others, Steve Jobs was a visionary, and his effects and plans will be felt by the world for years to come.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Apparently he left them with 4 years of planning on how to proceed, so I'd say it's far from the last thing he worked on. I'm sure he's had his hands on the iPad 3, new iMacs and MacBooks , pretty much everything. Apple doesn't just develop one thing at a time

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
+1

The future is uncertain yet exciting at the same time.
It won't be the same without SJ, but with Apple university , I hope his vision and beliefs live on ...

It's a bit weird though. I feel like I've just lost a friend.
So having a 4s is special indeed.

miggitymac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
It's already been revealed that Steve left Apple with plans for devices for at least 4 years out....I would think Steve at least had his hand in the next iphone and probably the ideas of many more to come.

To think this is the last product Steve had any hand in would be foolish imo

Regardless of whether it's true or not, of course Apple will say that...

Make no mistake about it...more than reassuring the public about the direction of Apple, that statement was meant to reassure the shareholders and investors.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
That's true but Steve will no longer be here to watch over what happens with said products, and they could change quite a bit due to tech changing and all that.

I think Cook and Ive will know what to change and what to keep. Have some faith in them :)

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I just got an iPad2 this weekend, and I feel the same way about that product b/c Steve came back from sick leave just to release it.

1zach4

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
Regardless of whether it's true or not, of course Apple will say that...

Make no mistake about it...more than reassuring the public about the direction of Apple, that statement was meant to reassure the shareholders and investors.

Trust me, I know that's why they released it (I work on Wall St.) but it does not mean it isn't true

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I think Cook and Ive will know what to change and what to keep. Have some faith in them :)

I know they are all brilliant, i'm just saying that Steve is no longer helping them, and won't be able to give the products as much 'magic' anymore. Then again, it's not just Steve that makes Apple.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Who is Ive?
He's basically the one that makes Apple products look as beautiful as they do.

From Wikipedia:
He is the leading designer and conceptual mind behind the iMac, titanium and aluminum PowerBook G4, G4 Cube, MacBook, unibody MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPod, iPhone, and iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.