Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I got my silver and white pen from HQ. I carried it around with me for a while until the apple paint started to chip! I need to fix that with like.. a sharpie or something, then make a carrying case, and blammo!

They're actually pretty nice pens. :)

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
katie ta achoo said:
I got my silver and white pen from HQ. I carried it around with me for a while until the apple paint started to chip! I need to fix that with like.. a sharpie or something, then make a carrying case, and blammo!

They're actually pretty nice pens. :)

I have the same pen, its broken into three pieces :(

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
katie ta achoo said:
:( :(

Oh well, just go back to Cupertino and get another!! :):D

Smart thinking... :p

Tbh its not very well made.. but looks cool and has an apple logo on it soooo.. :D

dmachine

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
$15 for five pens isnt that expensive. There only three dollars a piece and I have seen some regular pens that are more than $3 alone. Plus they look cool!

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
I got to thinking about this. I wonder if these pens are authentic (authorized by Apple)? There are numerous companies that deal in promotional merchandise - putting your logo on anything from writing implements, computer accessories (USB drives are hot now), office toys, clothing, you name it. Anyone could go have an order of these pens made with the Apple logo as long as the supplier doesn't question them about copyright.

Check this out: http://www.inkhead.com/laxpid_1326-view-pen-pencil.html

Looks like the exact same pen, huh? What are the chances that our eBay seller simply had them made for an auction like this, rather than getting them from an Apple-sanctioned bunch? Of course, there's also the likely possibility that Apple used a supplier like this to make the pens. Just thinking... ;)

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC

acceber

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Not a bad deal considering shipping is included in that 15.

Sucks how you can only find gems like that on the US eBay site...rarely will it come up in the Australian or UK one...?

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
Help, I'm veering off topic! :eek:

OutThere said:

I despise tinyurl. :p I belong to a certain mailing list where tinyurl seems to be the "cool" way to post urls in messages. It drives me nuts. People will send a message to the list like:

How am I supposed to know what that is? Why should I waste my time clicking, waiting for it to load, just to see if it's even something I might find interesting? How do I know it's not a trick and really one of those shock/gross-out sites? Or simply not appropriate for work/in-laws/kids/etc?

I'd much rather just read the full url. I can make a split-second determination on whether it's worth investigating further. Tinyurl robs me of that, all for saving a few dozen characters. Yeah, I'm sure those precious saved characters really helped everyone download the message so much faster on their 1Mbps cable/DSL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<rant over, sorry!> :eek:

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
bankshot said:
Help, I'm veering off topic! :eek:

I despise tinyurl. :p I belong to a certain mailing list where tinyurl seems to be the "cool" way to post urls in messages. It drives me nuts. People will send a message to the list like:

How am I supposed to know what that is? Why should I waste my time clicking, waiting for it to load, just to see if it's even something I might find interesting? How do I know it's not a trick and really one of those shock/gross-out sites? Or simply not appropriate for work/in-laws/kids/etc?

I'd much rather just read the full url. I can make a split-second determination on whether it's worth investigating further. Tinyurl robs me of that, all for saving a few dozen characters. Yeah, I'm sure those precious saved characters really helped everyone download the message so much faster on their 1Mbps cable/DSL! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<rant over, sorry!> :eek:

My main problem with them is that they make my (and other peoples') screen look like this:

Which, to me looks ridiculous, I don't know about you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.