Something Im Missing for my iPhone - does it exist

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steveapp, Feb 12, 2009.

1. steveapp macrumors member

either through app store that ive missed or some form of jailbreak maybe

I want a single quick to load app that allows me to set profiles, where i can configure things on off such as

Wifi
    3g
    Phone
    GPS

Brigtness levels

This is so i could have a car profile, work profile, home profile, out and about and a long battery phone and basic data profile.

Any thoughts ?

Oh, my other ideal app would put a quick summary of calendar appointments, weather and a few other things onto my backdrop when i turn the phone on - ideally it would automatically create a wallpaper and set it periodically - though i suspect it would need to be manually run due to the inability to run background apps - unless theres a way to time them like a cron job or something

Cheers guys

Stephen

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Simply impossible to write this app using the official SDK. It may be possible on a jailbroken phone...

3. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

the closest you'll be able to get is SBS Settings (fast access to settings) and Intelliscreen (calendar/weather on lock screen). Both are for jailbroken phones only.

4. steveapp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys

Thanks guys

I don't really want to go down the route of unlocking/jailbreaking or whatever - i like the simplicity of the updates without worrying etc.

It seems my perfect apps are only possible with apps that Apple wouldnt approve. I couldnt find anything in the app store but thats getting so huge its becoming hard to just browse through these days to see if anything exists.

Thanks

S

5. macbookhamburg macrumors regular

after 6 month i jalbroke my 2g again yesterday again ... I could´t ressist some features like extra information in the satusbar on the lock screen and mailsearch anymore :) not sure if I´ll keep it after the next update but it only takes 5 minutes to do it and another 5 to reverse it so it´s all good :)

6. steveapp thread starter macrumors member

I know what your saying, but I keep thinking tha one reason I changed from my previous phone - a HTC Touch - was because I was spending ages fiddling with obscure software and rom versions to hack it and make it better - and I realised I actually spent more time hacking it about than i did using the features for what they were intended, and what I'd bought it for - phone calls, email, mobile browsing, and calendar/contact info - i dont want to go down that route again and I like the controlled interface and relatively safe app experience of the iPhone and App store, hence not jailbreaking.

7. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

in cydia download boss prefs it does all that stuff

8. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Jailbreaking with quickpwn takes about 5 minutes to load, then you just find the apps you needs, which would be SBSettings, which allows quick access to different settings, but doesn't have profiles. Intelliscreen will work for your front page reminders, though there are a few different options for the lockscreen.

Sure you may have to wait a day or two after a new update...but its not much of a hassle for the freedom jailbreaking gives.

9. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Yeah Apple is not to keen on letting Apps. in the App. store if they are considered to "duplicate" a feature that the iPhone already has.. Wether an app. would make it quicker, i'm pretty sure many would love an app. like this, but as far as them allowing it, you never know.