Something in the new iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carl1, Mar 11, 2014.

1. carl1 macrumors newbie

Hello ! It seems that something is inside my new iphone 5s.I cleaned the screen a couple of times but it doesnt go away soo i think its inside. The white dot is a bit under the screen on the left side of the home button. Maybe someone had a similar roblem? Any ideas how to get rid of this? Maybe a dead pixel but its under the screen. Thank you for your help !

http://postimg.org/image/40t47hdex/

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The image dosnt load but nothing can get between due to the LCD and digitiser being glued to each other. If something is there it would have to happen during manufacturing. If it's just appeared it could be a cluster of failed pixels.

----------

Image is working now. I see what you mean. It's like a bubble under a badly fitted screen protector?!?

If you don't have one fitted take it back to apple it's the black paint under the glass coming away.

3. carl1 thread starter macrumors newbie

There is no screen protector. If its just a paint i think is not worth to turn it back, or am I wrong?

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I would as the paint is on the underside of the screen and if the qc is bad on the paint then that could lead to other issues.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It can't hurt to have Apple take a look at it. I agree it does look like a screen protector bubbling (I know, there's no screen protector :) )

6. carl1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im from a city where there is no apple store, soo i think i should get it to t-mobile where i got the phone and then they would send it in the service in another town, and they would probably say that everthing is ok. And i could wait 5-10 days for nothing...

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

8. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I have the same issue but mine is much much smaller and it's not noticeable unless I look at it very close! If you weren't looking for it you couldn't notice it. If it gets worse I'll take it to the Apple store.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Respectfully, if this is the case, what do you expect people to tell you here?

It's almost definitely a defect that Apple would simply replace. If that is not an option for you, for whatever reason, you simply get to deal with it. Sorry to be blunt, but it is what it is.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

It looks like an air bubble from within the glass. You see these air bubbles in cheap water glasses.

11. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

12. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Why don't you call Apple and have them replace it through the mail? Its under warranty and there is something wrong with glass/LCD assembly. As long as it hasn't been dropped or experienced any other accidental damage, they should replace it for free. I wouldn't trust a carrier replacement except from Sprint. Surprisingly, Sprint is the only iPhone carrier Apple has authorized to replace iPhones under AppleCare. Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile are not meaning whatever AppleCare you have is gone.

I recommend calling Apple, that way you still have AppleCare when you need it unless you pay TMO for extended warranty on your phone bill. I've done it before, never had problems with the service.

When you call, Apple will offer 2 services:

1. Regular Replacement. You can either have Apple ship you a box to ship the phone back to them or you can come up with your own packaging. (I recommend the former) You then ship it back with the label Apple shipped you (or if you use your own packaging, take it to the parcel carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc) and you have to give them a number Apple provided). Apple will then take the iPhone back, run diagnostics (if needed) then ship you out a replacement. With me, it went FedEx Overnight Priority both ways going this route. I had a new phone in about a week.

2. Express Replacement. It costs $29 for this route (unless you have AppleCare+, in which its free). What happens is Apple places a hold on your account (most likely a credit card) for the full retail cost of the iPhone and charge the $29 (if applicable). They will then ship you out a phone, which will take 1-3 business days to arrive depending on what time it was ordered. You will have a certain amount of time to ship the original iPhone back before the hold becomes a charge.

I have done it both way. If you can, I'd recommend the express replacement.

13. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Quarantine it immediately. That looks like a particle from the Andromeda Strain.

[​IMG]

See?

14. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

It's not too late to close off every city that doesn't have an Apple Store to avoid further contamination. I have contacted the MacRumors Special Ops already, and I'd urge everyone to do the same.