Something interesting with OS X's Mail app...

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2001
4,556
0
Natick, MA
I just hit the Apple+Option+v instead of b and had the Activity Viewer window come up (instead of bouncing the SPAM back to who it came from). It's cool to watch as Mail handles all six of my email addresses. Fetching XXX of XXX (XX% done) and such... Since I have it set to check my email accounts once every minute, it's almost constantly doing something. :D It even gives little messages in the activity for each email address. The address comes off the list as each account gets finished (so there are times when there is nothing in the window, or up to six processes/activities running).

Just thought that some of the other board stiff people might like this little tidbit of info.
 

neilt

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
156
0
Phoenix, AZ
If you click the little network activity spinner that appears during network activity, it will also bring up the progress window.

neilt
 

neilt

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
156
0
Phoenix, AZ
Wasn't sure if it was clear what I was talking about before.
Here is a screen capture of the network activity spinner I was talking about.
 

Attachments

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
1,639
218
New Zealand
Checking your mail every minute. Holy ****! You must have some urgent messages.

How is OS X's mail program with rules etc. I must have rules for mail or I'd go crazy. Well, I've already gone crazy from using M$ products.
 

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
11,219
0
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by pgwalsh
Checking your mail every minute. Holy ****! You must have some urgent messages.

How is OS X's mail program with rules etc. I must have rules for mail or I'd go crazy. Well, I've already gone crazy from using M$ products.
Mail under Jaguar will handle junk mail much better, but I've been pretty happy with the rules/filters I've setup in the current version.
 

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2001
4,556
0
Natick, MA
Originally posted by neilt
Wasn't sure if it was clear what I was talking about before.
Here is a screen capture of the network activity spinner I was talking about.
Well Bubba, I am NOT on 10.2, I'm on 10.1.5 until Jaguar hits the shelves.

We do get to see a different sort of spinner, but it's turning arrows... Never paid it much heed, since it could run forever.
 

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
1,639
218
New Zealand
Rower - That Ninja site is too much. ha ha.. There's a picture under sitings two with a doll that's out of control.
 

neilt

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
156
0
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by AlphaTech


Well Bubba, I am NOT on 10.2, I'm on 10.1.5 until Jaguar hits the shelves.

We do get to see a different sort of spinner, but it's turning arrows... Never paid it much heed, since it could run forever.
Yeah, sorry about the 10.2 thing (it's on my test/home laptop)

anyway, if you click on spinner icon/arrows, it brings up the activity viewer.
btw, Apple+option+v doesnt' seem to bring it up in 10.2, but Apple+0 does.

neilt
 

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2001
4,556
0
Natick, MA
Originally posted by neilt


Yeah, sorry about the 10.2 thing (it's on my test/home laptop)

anyway, if you click on spinner icon/arrows, it brings up the activity viewer.
btw, Apple+option+v doesnt' seem to bring it up in 10.2, but Apple+0 does.

neilt
I was pointing this post at the majority of people, since most have 10.1.x, and not a pre-release (beta) of Jaguar to play with.

I won't use a beta OS, which is why I don't go to any flavor of linux. :eek: :p :D
 

neilt

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
156
0
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by AlphaTech


I was pointing this post at the majority of people, since most have 10.1.x, and not a pre-release (beta) of Jaguar to play with.

I won't use a beta OS, which is why I don't go to any flavor of linux. :eek: :p :D
I don't use it on my main machine, but I wanted to get a feel for it for when I will have to support it in a couple of weeks. :eek:
 

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
11,219
0
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by pgwalsh
I'm just glad he has his pants on or who knows how far he'd go. :eek:
Ha ha! The rerun of Scrubs tonight had a scene or two addressing people with objects in places they were never meant to be...this one would be too damn funny.:D
 

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
11,219
0
San Diego, CA
Re: Jaguar

The current build of Jaguar is pretty damn close to final.

Minor, minor cosmetic/functionality issues are all that's left to be taken care of.
 

neilt

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
156
0
Phoenix, AZ
Re: Re: Jaguar

Originally posted by Rower_CPU
The current build of Jaguar is pretty damn close to final.

Minor, minor cosmetic/functionality issues are all that's left to be taken care of.
I agree! 6c98 and 6c106 have been great.

and anyway, if they are planning it on the 24th it better be ready damn soon!:D
 

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
11,219
0
San Diego, CA
Re: Re: Re: Jaguar

Originally posted by neilt
I agree! 6c98 and 6c106 have been great.

and anyway, if they are planning it on the 24th it better be ready damn soon!:D
Yup. We might see just one more...but there would be very little turnaround time for the GM.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.