Something is wrong with my airport?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DAAAAAAAVE, Nov 15, 2008.

1. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

So i have my MBP wirelessly connected to this router: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=460611
    All is good, getting perfect net speed, then for no reason my airport signal drops down to the one dot thingy in the menu bar at the top of the screen. My router is in the next room over from me, no more than 3-4 metres away. The signal always picks back up to full again after a while but it isn't happening in regular intervals, like it isn't a cycle. I can live with it but it just gets inconvenient losing signal halfway through somethings. Help?

2. MBPDiva macrumors regular

You should do a search on this forum for Belkin routers. I bought a Belkin router for my PC and MBP. I had nothing but problems with connectivity and drop outs. Returned it and bought a Lynksis N router instead. Now I couldn't be happier. :)

3. DAAAAAAAVE thread starter macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

i would but it is the only wireless router offered with my isp
    it works fine if i move and use it in bed which is like >1 metre from the router through a wall but it drops out every now and then on the desk. oh well. when it works it works well. was just wondering if i missed something

4. MBPDiva macrumors regular

Are you saying you can't buy your own router?

5. DAAAAAAAVE thread starter macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

lol i can its just last time i did i somehow managed to crash my dads pc
    the router after that had so much security on it (from my old isp) that i took us 4 months to hook an xbox up to it
    im just happy to have a router that works to be honest
    was just curious if there is some ninja hidden setting that i am missing that will fix all of my lifes problems and give me cake