Something is wrong with the way Apple fixes iMacs.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mtnDewFTW, May 27, 2010.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

this randomly came to me today. So, a while back I sent in my originally bought iMac for repair at the Apple store. Once I got it back, I didn't bother opening it in the store, since it was a HDD replacement. anyway, I got home, and on the bottom (where the speakers are) there aluminum casing has been chipped. It wasn't that big, and you can only see if you're looking for it, so I didn't even bother. Anyway the iMac then developed many more problems, and I eventually had to get it replaced. So my replacement came in, and event thought it said it was made in China recently, I could tell that it was obviously refurbished. So yesterday, I was cleaning my iMac, and while I was doing that, I noticed ANOTHER chipped case. This is MUCH smaller, but it's still there.

So, this makes me wonder, what exactly do they do to these iMacs at the repair center to make the aluminum chip?

Has anyone else noticed this on their machines, or is it just me?

2. maxrosecollins macrumors newbie

No idea

But they managed to get a lot of dust and finger prints under my screen when i took it in for repairs and then blamed me!