Something I've been considering about the next gen iMac's

Discussion in 'iMac' started by NewEyesOpen, Jul 28, 2009.

1. NewEyesOpen macrumors regular

When Apple updates the iMac again I think it would be even more user friendly if they reversed the way in which the owner accesses the internal components when wanting to upgrade/repair/replace something like the hard drive.

I think Apple should recreate what they did on the June 2009 version of the MBP's and have the back panel on the iMac screw off as well. Seems a bit more intuitive than having to pop off the glass screen and everything else you have to do currently.

Any thoughts?

2. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Does apple really care to make it easy to upgrade yourself? I would think it would be in their best interests not to make it easy to upgrade... although that would be nice if they did. I don't expect that to happen... probably just a little boost in the CPUs and RAM that will be it for this upgrade.

3. NewEyesOpen thread starter macrumors regular

No, I totally agree with you. This is just a wish list of sorts, haha.

4. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

That and a quad core iMac, USB 3.0, blue ray drive, more usb ports, lol the list goes on...but it is a good addition.

5. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Everything here has been posted a few times at least... sometimes ideas just get lost if they are all put together in one mega thread... Idk bending the rules is ok sometimes.

6. farmermac macrumors 6502a

are you serious about the glass LCD popping??? :eek:

I hope I dont fill up this 1tb drive

7. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Yes, you have to use suctions cups to take of the glass, then take off the screen to access the internals.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iMac-20-Inch/658/1