Something jammed in the headphone jack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macnoob2, Mar 17, 2014.

1. macnoob2 macrumors newbie

I have a silicon bead jammed in my head phone jack so the computer always things there are headphones plugged in. I have tried a PRAM reset and starting up a new project in garage band. Is there any way to manually switch from speakers to headphones? Can I tell the computer when I want it to play through the speaker and when to play through the jack? I have gone in to apple and they told me the way to fix the problem is to replace the logic board because the headphone jack is connected to it, but I dont have that kind of spare money laying around. Thank you in advance for your help!

2. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

Can't you just put a very tiny amount of super glue on the end of a toothpick, stick it in, let it harden, and pull it out?

I'm sure you've tried but there has to be a way to get it out. I'm surprised Apple wasn't any more helpful.

3. macnoob2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks :D! I will give it a try. It has been lodged in there for like a year know and I have gotten used to not needing the speakers but now I find myself needing them more and more.

4. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

Good luck, keep a steady hand and you'll definitely want somebody shining a flashlight into the hole. Report back if you see results :)