Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
First off, I love my appleTV. I also like podcasts. I also like the youtube feature. in fact I think I've now seen more youtube videos on appleTV than on regular youtube (thats not saying too much).

So here's my beef... While I can understand apple not wanting to allow direct ordering over aTV of music and movies (would be a bit of a pain to deal with), but why on earth can I not stream podcasts. There are some I download because I want to take them with me, but for most, I just stream them on my computer. If they can stream movie trailers and youtube, why oh why, can I not stream podcasts?

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
It deffinently could. But i suppose thats just one way Apple will be able to say that one AMAZING new feature, and it happens to be Podcasts:rolleyes:

papadopolis1024

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2007
just to put it out there I think apple would make TONS AND TONS of $$$$$$$ if you were able to buy stuff directly from the apple tv

Second dont worry they will prob add that in the next firmware update.

petteri

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2006
I'll add your suggestion about pod-casts to the wish list thread. It would be nice to have them built in. For now though you can make a smart playlist in iTunes and put your pod-casts in there.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Some podcasts are available on YouTube. Just add them to your favorites (or whatever YouTube's name for that is, I can't remember at the moment.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.