Something like gamesalad with video?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by UKmacman, Mar 28, 2011.

1. UKmacman macrumors regular

Please excuse my ignorance if this is the wrong place to post but basically I want to make some iphone/ipad apps that are pretty basic but contain embedded videos. I have no coding knowledge but think that a visual system like gamesalad might work for me. However you can;t add video and after contacting them they have no plans in their immediate future to include this option.

Does anyone know of an alternative that might be good for me to use?

2. nickculbertson macrumors regular

nickculbertson

UKmacman,

I have not used GameSalad but I did consider purchasing it when I started ios coding. The no video thing raises a big red flag for me. The alternative is to put your time into learning Objective-C and write the code yourself. Pre-Made app sites don't give you the tools to grow as a developer and the capabilities are limited.

Nick

3. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Nick for your reply. I am kind of in one of those positions where I am not technical but not an idiot (well I think so!) so I could put together what I need with a visual editor but not programming. Also I am not really wanting to learn programming but to hire someone for what I want will cost me too much which I can't afford. The end result will be pretty simply, several pages which you can click buttons and then watch video - which is why I want to try and do it myself. It's one of those cases where if you had a mate who could program it would be a doddle for him (well not too much trouble), but I don't so wanted to have a go myself. I could work around most obstacles but not being able to imbed video is a major requirement of mine hence the reason for no gamesalad.

I have a feeling apple will bring something out (think iweb) at some point but I need something now!