Something like USB Overdrive, but for keyboards?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elbirth, Mar 8, 2008.

1. elbirth macrumors 65816

I posted a thread in the peripherals forum about Logitech's Control Center messing things up for me with my mouse... it takes control of both my mouse and keyboard, but I only want it to affect my keyboard- not my mouse. My mouse is working flawlessly under USB Overdrive, and the LCC seems to override USB Overdrive. And I can't figure out if it's possible to make the LCC not do anything to the mouse.

I want to get rid of LCC, because not only is it messing with my mouse, but it also seems to make my growl notifications not work, which I can't figure out to save my life. Does anyone know of some 3rd party software that lets you map functionality to your keyboard? I want to be able to give the extra multimedia keys on my keyboard (Logitech Wave) some use so they don't sit there not being used. Primarily, I want to be able to map the volume keys to actually change the volume. I want to get rid of the Logitech Control Center and use 2 pieces of software instead that don't seem to screw up other things.

2. ajbaer macrumors newbie

USB Overdrive

I tried to use USB overdrive to map keyboard keys to certain commands but I was only able to do so with the mouse buttons. I thought that this would work but either it doesn't or I was doing something wrong. Were you able to figure out how to do this?