Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woody777

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
Gizmodo SUCKS.
Maybe I'll start a Facebook page "Gizmodo Sucks". I bet it'll have more 'likes' than any other page.

I hope Apple experiences a serious backlash if they EOL the Mac Pro.

so did u started that on Facebook? i wounder how many likes there will be

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
Because nothing has ever been accomplished with a petition? However posting about how "lame" petitions are in a thread about them is a great use of your time and super awesome? I just want to make sure I am understanding your point of view correctly.

Because petitions allow people to feel like their doing something when in actuality they are not. It makes them feel important, when they are not. Kinda like facebook in general.

Show me one example of where a petition like this has changed a major corporation's strategic plan.

woody777

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
Because petitions allow people to feel like their doing something when in actuality they are not. It makes them feel important, when they are not. Kinda like facebook in general.

Show me one example of where a petition like this has changed a major corporation's strategic plan.

I think Apple did not plan to kill Mac Pro any time sone.
But one idiot on the web wrote that it will be killed becuse he does not need Mac Pro because all he needs computer for is just to cheak his emails and listen to he's over compressed 64k mp3 which in addition was stolen or pirated from the Internet

P.s.
But anyway I am pretty sure with or with out petition on Facebook Apple would make a new Mac Pro when it is ready

Last edited:

Custommm

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2009
11 137 "like". Keep on spreading /sharing...

This Facebook page have been a serious initiative and have ended up with many tech sites writing on the matter...

Even, some of them have asked Apple to speak...
With enough pressure, and a critical mass Apple has no other way than to do something...
(think Foxconn ...where, under pressure , action as being rapidly applied by Apple to correct conflicting report/ situation.)
For more than 10 years, i have converted many peoples around me to use Apple products... The last years has been very neutral in that department
:(

lampliter

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
Omg

I will give anyone 10 thousand dollars for the proof, or even the slightest hint of proof, of the mac pro being killed off. The article says that mac pro fans have been waiting several years for a new mac pro. What a load of sh^^^^t. There has been no advancement in the processor field until now and they are not even shipping. Get yourselves a beer and a smoke, go out in your backyard and take a deep breath. The morons who wrote this article need a good cuff in the side of the head.

scottrichardson

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Ulladulla, NSW Australia
Nice work on the FB page... over 13000 likes. If everyone of those folks spent an average of $4000USD, it would bring in over $53 million in sales. And there's a lot more than 13,000 Mac pro customers.

Apple isn't going to ditch it just yet ;)

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I won't even dignify an above stupid post with a retort. :rolleyes:

In any case, with Tim Cook's comments last night about "doubling down on secrecy", I doubt they will address the facebook question at all. Ironically, he does seem intent on more facebook integration though.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
No,Apple won't do nothing,as it did today,after 8 hours with Apple stores down globally,nothing..new.Apple has started to make you wait years,hours for just nothing.The new Apple,the I-Toys Leader of.:cool:

gpzjock

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2009
New Mac Pro likes over 16,000 now!
Mullets streaking away towards 30,000 though...
Thank you so much Gizmodo for stirring up enough rancour to make it possible. :D

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
No,Apple won't do nothing,as it did today,after 8 hours with Apple stores down globally,nothing..new.Apple has started to make you wait years,hours for just nothing.The new Apple,the I-Toys Leader of.:cool:
I love the first-world problems on this forum.

"I can't spend my money because Apple won't release new products!"

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

What are going on about? The store was down for maintenance and too add new payment options and you buy accessories directly when you're configuring your new Mac. What exactly is your issue, because I don't understand it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.