Something rather simple that has always annoyed me

Discussion in 'macOS' started by snicklesnackle, Feb 26, 2017.

1. snicklesnackle macrumors member

snicklesnackle

The one thing I prefer about windows is how you can click an app on the menu bar and it will load above the current one. On Mac clicking one will usually cause the screen to slide left or right which is annoying when you want to to minimise the one on top to see the app below.

Now I've never looked into this before so it might be easily rectified or there might even be a reason it's set up this way? If so please enlighten me guys!

2. Mobster1983, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017

Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

Mine always load on top, or generally whatever location I had that app on my screen when I closed it. You may have some setting enabled to keep the desktop organized.

Try messing with some of the settings in Mission Control. That may be it.

3. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Sounds like you need to check your Spaces settings. You may be lauching every app on to separate desktops/Spaces.

4. snicklesnackle thread starter macrumors member

snicklesnackle

Found it in mission control - thank you so much! Why on earth is that ticked by default :mad:

5. maerz001 macrumors 6502a

maerz001

That's definitely not default.

But I prefer to have mail and safari in different spaces and just use three finger swipe to jump left/right...

6. snicklesnackle thread starter macrumors member

snicklesnackle

I don't know why it would be but I certainly don't remember changing it. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

7. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Mod Note: I've moved this to the MacOS forum as it's not specific to the MacBook Pro