Something seems off about the 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleofmy"i", Oct 4, 2011.

1. appleofmy"i" macrumors regular

appleofmy"i"

What seems strange to me is that early on we had many things pointing to a 5 from case designs from big manufactures to images leaked in apple software to reliable sources reporting on a thinner form factor. Not to mention apple actually stating at WWDC that there would be a LED notification light. It only became very recently that all these 4s things popped up. Something just seems off

2. DaLurker macrumors 6502

It is likely that the 5 is in the works now, and the 4s is the bridge between two completely new generations of phones.

The 5 rumors are probably true, just not the release date :)

3. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

yea.. I think a year from now should give them PLENTY of time to get this "bridge" released.

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

samsung is suing Apple because the "iPhone 5" looks like the Galaxy S2

5. 4:20 macrumors member

So you think they pulled out 'last minute', since they weren't ready to introduce the 5 now?

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd laugh if Apple tomorrow sent invites saying "Only joking." inviting everyone back to see the actual phone they'd been working on :p

Wishful thinking...

7. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

This makes the most sense. They are probably holding back to avoid a legal nightmare and possibly have their product pulled from shelves right before the holiday season. Maybe they're regrouping and re-designing 5 and released the 4S as a stopgap until next year. The euro Galaxy SII with that large home button definitely looks like the case and mock ups floating around the web.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

They should have just stuck the iPhone 4's guts in a larger case to keep the size queens happy.

9. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

I thought the something similar when I saw this [​IMG]

That looks exactly how I expected the iPhone 5 to look.

10. alan111 macrumors regular

I think it has more to do that it wasn't ready for prime-time.
    Perhaps the iPhone 5 was set out to have 4G/LTE and battery life was not adequate. Who knows, we may see a new iPhone at the next iPad event in late winter/early spring.

11. 4:20 macrumors member

Could very well be. Minus the stylus that is.

12. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

I love this design so I am very happy that they kept it. Would hate to have aluminium back again.

13. 4:20 macrumors member

I don't like the 4 at all. On the upside, the gap between 4S and 5 will be just as huge as the gap between 3GS and 4.

14. VeganHipster macrumors regular

That is the Galaxy Note, one of the new tablets from samsung. While it does look similiar to the Galaxy S II, I think it is 1" or 2" bigger.

I thought the mock-up that one guy made from aluminum and glass was really nice and it looked like it would feel better to hold in the hand compared to the flat iPhone 4 which I don't find to comfortable to hold. I hope the iPhone 5 is released at WWDC with a similiar design!

15. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Just to clarify, Apple never said they would be including an LED which was dedicated to notification purposes. In iOS5 there is now the ability to enable the camera's flash to blink when a new message arrives. This is included in the accessibility features, and is primarily intended for people who are deaf. If you're waiting for something that will blink continuously, or change colors, or anything along those lines, then you're going to be waiting a very long time.

16. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

EXACTLY!!!! are you and I the only two that have arrived at that conclusion?

17. davelanger macrumors 6502a

That looks like a fatter iphone, it looks like samsung ripped off apple not the other way around