Something seriously wrong with my battery?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calvinc, Oct 30, 2010.

1. calvinc macrumors member

I just got the 13' MBP 2 months ago. I have only had 6 cycles and the capacity is already at 90%. Should I take it take the Apple Store while it's still under warranty? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. calvinc thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. But I have already read that. It says 80% at up to 1000 charges. But I am only at 6 cycles. It's practically new.

4. vant macrumors 65816

I'd be pretty pissed with 90% capacity brand new.

Did you try calibrating it and see if it changes?

Oh and don't mind GGJ, he does the same thing in every battery related thread.

5. declandio macrumors 6502

My MBP is 2 years old, the battery is at 94% after 716 cycles.

If your machine is only 2 months old, you can still call Applecare / support for help...

6. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

if it's above 80% and the status says Normal then they most likely won't replace it

mine's 3 months old and fluctuates between 89% and 94%, calibration doesn't help the cause at least for me

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It also says that the health fluctuates up and down. You're not running on battery enough.
    That's because every battery related thread I post that in asks the same questions which are answered by that FAQ. There's only so many ways to answer the same question. That's why I took the time to create the FAQ, so it would answer most frequently asked battery questions.

8. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

thats pretty normal , having seen so many netbooks laptops all my life , the batteries are still the weakspot , i never believe if a company even if its called apple tells me "with our new laptop you got 10 hours battery life " ,
    yea alright :rolleyes:
    i usually take away about 3 hours from the manufacturers figures to get a realistic figure , there are to many variables in battery manufacturing
    say battery is called to have 6800mAh then you will likely find some which hold that much , but you will find even more which only hold 6000mAh and the manufacturers know that thats not really pleasant for the custmer if he got a new battery which holds less charge then written on the box , so they have a trick in their sleeve (these batterys dont have only a plus and minus and some chemicals inside , there is lots of electronics too , and to satisfy the customer his 6800mAh who only has 6000mAh gets a bit tweaked so it shows on very first full charge 100% and 6800mAh , customer happy (dont know exact how it works but thats about the reality) ,
    but very soon this happy customer will find out that his battery drops the amount it can hold to its real figures (max 6000mAh) and i guess calvinc who said unless below 80% its acceptable is about right (all figures are just examples )