Something strange with LED Cinema

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sdahe, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello guys,

I have a 24" LED Cinema Display connected to a 15" MBP... what's strange is that from time to time the display goes blank and come back in a second. I have experience this 4 times already and I don't know if is the display or the MBP... thanks for the help!

2. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

3. kingtj macrumors 68020

Not sure, but ...

Did you try changing your Macbook Pro's video to use the alternate video chipset (performance mode vs. longer battery life with the integrated video)?

It would be interesting to see if the display stops cutting out in one of those modes. If so, at least you know the monitor's not faulty.

4. mac2x macrumors 65816

This happened to me, and I went "Oh, #$%^!!!", until I realized it was my hot screen corners. I had them set so all 4 corners activated the screen saver, and I was tending to brush my mouse across the bottom ones, which momentarily causes the screensaver to start, but it comes right back as soon as the mouse is moved. I changed the bottom right hot corner to Exposé- Desktop and bottom left to Spaces, and sure 'nuff I started accidentally activating one of those every so often. :rolleyes:

5. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

6. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I took the monitor to Apple and they changed the multi-function cable... it's still doing the same thing... :(

7. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Time to tell them to replace the monitor. Hopefully that will put the end to it.

8. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I hope so!!!