Something to cheer you up

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mplutka, Jul 23, 2010.

1. mplutka macrumors newbie

This is a prank video with a fake iphone4 thrown onto the street to trick some people.

Hope I didn't post it in the wrong section. Just to cheer you up in these sad days apple gave us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjlltGt2_TM

Sorry, that it's in german. BTW, the girl on the phone seemed to have it mistaken as "some kind of phone, like an ipod". But she suddenly knew that she was pranked, when we pulled it away.

Hope you like it.

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

That's pretty funny!

I liked the girl looking around and wondering where the iPhone went! LOL

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Haha that was pretty good, nice modernisation of an old trick.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Can you tell from the pixels?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I didn't mean the phone, I meant the video per se, the "victims" are only "extras". It is not a real hidden camera sketch, it's just acted, you can see/hear it especially with the woman. I work for a candid camera show and they often include fake victims, thus I can spot them more easily.

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

So yes, it's the pixels :p

That's great that you're using your industry knowledge to spoil something sweet and innocent, I think I might go punch some orphans whilst telling them santa doesn't exist :)

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Ahhhhhh... I couldnt watch most of it, this computer is so slow.

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can I beat the puppies then?

And it was not really innocent, but I assume you're sarcastic. :)

9. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Nice link ;)

It's innocent in the sense that the viewers that would get enjoyment from that video are innocent minded people.

Hence, my equivalent of your comment is punching orphans whilst telling them santa isn't real, on xmas eve. You know, to really make it sting. :)

10. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I just realised, it is just SPAM anyway. Or should I refrain from telling that too?

And to be a bit more clear, telling a child, that Santa does not exist is not the same as enlighten some viewers of a video, that it is fake anyway, as candid camera shows or sketches are not as important as Santa, at least in Christian oriented spheres of this world.
    Does that also mean, if I tell some viewers of wrestling contest, that it is a fake, I take their enjoyment? It might not be the best example, as I have some kind of respect for wrestlers and what they are willing to do to deliver a good show, especially after watching "The Wrestler" from Aronofsky, but those fake candid camera shows (how many of them there might be) are sometimes too stupid and derogatory. The linked sketch was "harmless", but it insults the viewer's intelligence. And it did not really cheer me up, but that is hard to do, especially with current German "comedy", as it is quite low on standards.

Attached Files:

11. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

12. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

You're taking this far to seriously :p I commend your commitment to detail.

I just don't like it when people try to spoil good old fashioned fun, it may not be original, witty, clever or even real, but that doesn't mean it needs to be spoilt. And it's the best spam I've seen on here to date...

PS. I loved the wrestler too, Mickey Rourkes acting was just simply stunning, but lets not get off topic :)

13. JLatte macrumors 6502

Seriously, I figured it was spam especially as it's his first post, only post and the sig. Doesn't change the point that the video was still entertaining. Guess that means I'm a cretin of low intelligence. Next you want to tell us about how special effects in movies are actually the result of green screens? :rolleyes:

Lighten up.

14. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You have the better comedy formats on that island, thus my bland view of German comedy. German networks would never create something like Monty Python, Coupling, Spaced, Black Books, League of Gentlemen, Mitchell and Webb, IT Crowd, .... .

And I didn't think I would spoil it with my comment, I just thought to express my "insight", nothing more. It was just too obvious, even though I might have a "trained" eye for this.

But not everything is as good as Marisa Tomei. ;)

Green screen work falls under the category of "visual effect", special effects are those, that are created on set and captured by the camera directly, like the model work of pre-CGI science fiction films, the buildings and explosions of ID4 for example.

And I'm not on a path to insult the viewer's intelligence, I take a small part in creating such dumb dren anyway. It's where the money is, how can one explain the "reality TV boom" anyway?

But please, keep it coming, it is good training anyway.

15. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Brits have a knack for dark comedy, I guess it's the dull weather, really brings out the cynicism :p

Well, I guess everyone's allowed an opinion, even if it is negative, it's a basic human right, sorry I jumped on you a bit, I just thought it was a nice video :p

16. mplutka thread starter macrumors newbie

Time to get back into the discussion. Whether its real or fake, I don't want to comment on that. ;-)

But please don't consider it as spam. Surely its there to create some attention for the mentioned website but it was surely done for fun in the first place.
    If you liked it, spread it. If you didn't then it's just one of millions other useless videos on the net.