Something to tide me over till untethered iOS5 JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Synergie, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I wasn't going to... but I did. I upgraded to iOS5 because of iCloud ( was a Mobile Me customer and wanted everything to still sync properly etc... not that I think it's any better - probably worse than MM) Anyway I can live with no themes etc for now until there is an untethered JB but what I am missing a LOT is being able to just turn the phone on and see the current weather (if you lived where I do, you'd understand why this is important.... in the span of one day we can go from Sunny and hot to rainy and cold, to sleet... seriously - look up weather in NS Canada!!!) LOL

So I know that weather shows on notification centre but not the lock screen.... but the lock screen DOES show notifications... is there a weather app at all that has notifications for hourly current forecasts? Or do they all only have notifications for severe weather alerts?? I'd like to turn on the phone and see current conditions and temp on the lock screen... I don't care if it's as a notification instead of its own 'widget' for now. And for 5 day forecast I can go into the actual app, though really our weather changes so much that 5 day forecasts are usually useless anyway.

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Why don't you just download the free Weather Channel app. It has hourly forecasts and it's like two extra taps.

3. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

why dont u jailbreak it with redsow and tethered jb?
    u just hav to boot tethered a few times till u download all ur tweaks and then thats it, also tonight was a new version of winterboard out from bigbosrepo!!